Line up to play Switzerland

3 hours ago, Pocketman said:

He didn't though. 

Should have saved the 1st and the 5th (imo) 

I'd agree it's harsh to say he flogged them but it's tough at the top.  They needed saved. 

Hopefully he gets back to his earlier form on Wed 🤞

My team for Switzerland

Clark

Christie Porteous Souness Robertson

Scott Brown   Gilmour

Kevin Twaddle  Gauld    Tierney

McTominay

5 hours ago, 2426255 said:

My team for Switzerland

Clark

Christie Porteous Souness Robertson

Scott Brown   Gilmour

Kevin Twaddle  Gauld    Tierney

McTominay

Porteous is banned m8.

it hardly matters who plays tbh, we were so bad against Germany that there's almost no point worrying about the Switzerland or Hungary games. Watching the other group games so far only confirms just how how clueless, gutless, effortless and rank rotten the team are. 

In an ideal world, half of the current squad wouldn't kick a ball for the ball for the national team again as they are so far short of being of international quality whatever Steve Clarke managed to achieve and that isn't really much in the grand scheme of things then whoever takes over from him after the Euros as he surely won't stay or has to go then it's back to square 0

Edited by ChrispPancake

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Porteous is banned m8.

To be fair we could probably just name Scott McKenna on the team sheet and have Porteous go out wearing McKenna’s name and number. I don’t reckon the Swiss would notice.

17 hours ago, Alan Twelve said:

I don't think the Swiss have the personnel to relentlessly harry us the way Germany did. They're more about patient control of the midfield. It's got dreary 0-0 written all over it.

I'd probably take that now. A draw against a good team would restore some confidence, then it would mean if we won the Hungary game and got 4pts it could see us through.

The actual lineup won't be too different. However there are a couple of things that could impact this game:

1) Surely the tactics will be very different and we will attempt possession football. 

2) Hopefully the coaching staff and players are absolutely fizzing at what happened and want to prove a point.

We are good enough to do that.

41 minutes ago, ahemps said:

I'd probably take that now. A draw against a good team would restore some confidence, then it would mean if we won the Hungary game and got 4pts it could see us through.

I think Hungary's game plan was similar in some ways to us v Germany and just allowed Switzerland to control the ball comfortably and ping the passes around midfield. They were made to look better than what they are in my opinion with Hungary having a bit of an off day. 

I might just be optimistic but we have a good chance in beating Switzerland, we've beaten better teams with this squad and we have the midfield to control this game. We need to go for the win here rather than play for a draw 

10 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

I think Hungary's game plan was similar in some ways to us v Germany and just allowed Switzerland to control the ball comfortably and ping the passes around midfield. They were made to look better than what they are in my opinion with Hungary having a bit of an off day. 

I might just be optimistic but we have a good chance in beating Switzerland, we've beaten better teams with this squad and we have the midfield to control this game. We need to go for the win here rather than play for a draw 

Agreed. If there is no reaction, it will be more than disappointing.

Edited by git-intae-thum
Typo

3 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

You do wonder what it will take for people to accept that we are just not good enough to beat Switzerland or Hungary at the moment.  If Friday night didn't snap us out of our delusions I imagine nothing will. 

Mate who cares. We're at a tournament, we've got two games left to play and people are very naturally going to continue feeling hope and excitement to some degree or another until we're actually out of it. You can write us off just now if you want and you can crow about how correct you were if we fail to get out of the group, but it's not going to put you in some special elevated position above folk who dared to indulge in a bit of optimism.

Edited by Kevin Finnerty

7 minutes ago, Kevin Finnerty said:

Mate who cares. We're at a tournament, we've got two games left to play and people are very naturally going to continue feeling hope and excitement to some degree or another until we're actually out of it. You can write us off just now if you want and you can crow about how correct you were if and when we fail to get out of the group, but it's not going to put you in some special elevated position above folk who dared to indulge in a bit of optimism.

Not worth it bud. They are an England supporting troll account or one of those very odd Scotland hating Rangers types that you occassionally come across.

Friday's result has totally scunnered me. I was looking forward to all the coverage of the team camp between matches but have actively avoided it. I thought on Friday we were so bad that it was inevitable both Switzerland and Hungary would pump us. My only glimmer of hope is that we did put up a better performance in the second game of the last Euros having performed insipidly  in the first game(albeit nowhere near humiliating) and hopefully we can do the same here. It is difficult to predict a team that will perform as there was no one on Friday that even looked like they'd played football before but I would go with;

Gunn

Hendry Cooper McKenna Tierney

Gilmour McGregor McGinn Robertson

McTominay

Adams 

1 hour ago, Kevin Finnerty said:

Mate who cares. We're at a tournament, we've got two games left to play and people are very naturally going to continue feeling hope and excitement to some degree or another until we're actually out of it. You can write us off just now if you want and you can crow about how correct you were if and when we fail to get out of the group, but it's not going to put you in some special elevated position above folk who dared to indulge in a bit of optimism.

1 hour ago, git-intae-thum said:

Not worth it bud. They are an England supporting troll account or one of those very odd Scotland hating Rangers types that you occassionally come across.

1 hour ago, git-intae-thum said:

Not thinking this Scotland team is good enough to beat Switzerland or Hungary is some sort of thought crime with you, is it ? Very odd.

I think that we are probably a bit worse than Switzerland and Hungary but we've seen Romania beat Ukraine and Slovakia beat Belgium so it is certainly possible for us to get through.

Our insistence of only playing one formation is so limiting and frustrating. We really should have tried some stuff in the friendlies v France/Netherlands. Nagelsmann had us figured out before we started and I was drinking with some German fans over the last couple of days who were laughing at it and couldn't really make any sense of what we were trying to do. It's possibly not the time for changing anything now but I'd love to see us just put Tierney at right back and play 4-2-3-1. We barely have any wingers but Christie left wing with Forrest right wing? Mcgregor and Gilmour holding with Mctominay or Mcginn off Adams. Yes Forrest would be lucky to play but it also means Ralston wouldn't be and we still have too many other midfielders any way we play.

Gunn

Tierney         Hendry             Hanley        Robertson

Gilmour                Mcgregor

Forrest                   Mctominay                  Christie

Adams

Edited by ScottishZizou

2 hours ago, Kevin Finnerty said:

You really don't have a clue how this works son, do you ? I put my opinion, based on what I've seen of Scotland and their opponents, and conclude that I don't think we will beat either of them. I still have as much hope and excitement as you or any other perennial optimist . I just have no expectation. That's all. You see it differently..I'd much rather you be right than me . Optimism's fine. Realism's fine. 

Edited by kennie makevin

9 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

I think that we are probably a bit worse than Switzerland and Hungary but we've seen Romania beat Ukraine and Slovakia beat Belgium so it is certainly possible for us to get through.

Our insistence of only playing one formation is so limiting and frustrating. We really should have tried some stuff in the friendlies v France/Netherlands. Nagelsmann had us figured out before we started and I was drinking with some German fans over the last couple of days who were laughing at it and couldn't really make any sense of what we were trying to do. It's possibly not the time for changing anything now but I'd love to see us just put Tierney at right back and play 4-2-3-1. We barely have any wingers but Christie left wing with Forrest right wing? Mcgregor and Gilmour holding with Mctominay or Mcginn off Adams. Yes Forrest would be lucky to play but it also means Ralston wouldn't be and we still have too many other midfielders any way we play.

Gunn

Tierney         Hendry             Hanley        Robertson

Gilmour                Mcgregor

Forrest                   Mctominay                  Christie

Adams

Even if we did persist with the back three (as opposed to a back five) that could be the starting XI. Forrest at wing back would obviously be a huge risk but arguably no more so than Ralston or McCrorie.

Agreed that McGinn should be the one dropping out for Gilmour either way.