Hungary v Switzerland (time to forget perhaps?)

Sonam

2 minutes ago, come on shire said:

So, as it stands, is a 2-1 Swiss win over Hungary favourable for Scotland or is it all too soon to say?

Too soon, but depends on whether you've given up on second place. I'm still thinking a draw would've been preferable, or maybe even a Hungarian win if we manage to beat them.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Tyldeseley was just discussing how teams normally go through with 4 points, and described a scenario in the WC where all 4 teams in a group got 4 points, before saying "That can't happen in this group now".

I presume he was just working on the basis that there is no chance of us getting any points, rather than his maths being wrong

I think he was getting confused between groups where everyone gets a win, draw, and defeat, and groups where everyone draws.

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

The ref just had a shocker there. Pulling the play back for a freekick and a yellow for a fair enough looking challenge while the Swiss boy is clean through on goal! 

I think he was offside.  

1 minute ago, The Naitch said:

That’s the one thing that’s giving me hope for the last group game.

Yeah would fancy Mctominay,Christie or even Armstrong to timely intercept these way ward passes today. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Tyldeseley was just discussing how teams normally go through with 4 points, and described a scenario in the WC where all 4 teams in a group got 4 points, before saying "That can't happen in this group now".

I presume he was just working on the basis that there is no chance of us getting any points, rather than his maths being wrong

Dunno why. 

GER beat Sco draw Swi

Swi beat *** draw Ger

Sco beat Swi draw ***

*** beat Ger draw Sco

Everyone's on 4 points in that scenario.

Edit: appears that the short word for Hungary is a nasty word. 

Edited by Coooombe

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I think he was offside.  

Maybe, he seemed to come from deep but that's you and Tyldesley both said the same. 

Doesn't matter now though, well deserved win

Edited by Spyro