Big Team Found!

johnnydun

On 23/06/2024 at 13:05, Zetterlund said:

The Dutch team is a bit meh these days but I do enjoy the videos of their fans partying in the streets of the host cities, so hopefully they stick around for a while in the tournament,

The Dutch fans know how to enjoy the moment. Danish, Irish, Scots and several others too.

There is  one particular lot who don't seem to have mastered the art...

Edited by cyderspaceman

On 21/06/2024 at 12:42, Skyline Drifter said:

In this tournament couldn't give a monkey's about anyone else to be honest. While we're in results that benefit Scotland please. Once we're out just want to see some good football and whoever plays it best win.

Generally if in it I'll want to see the Irish sides and Wales do well (although I'm going off the leek munchers a bit given how full of themselves they got for a while when Bale was carrying them). I don't hate England, but tend not to want them to do well in the way I would the other British and Irish sides. I treat England pretty much like any other foreign country.

I blame Thatcher.

The Welsh were safely imprisoned underground until she closed the mines and set them free to annoy us.

Now Scotland is out I’ll be supporting Spain, partly because I live here and partly because Barca are one of my wee teams.

I will imagine Spain playing in the blue of Scotland* and be urging on McYamal and McWilliams as they work their magic.

* anyone who can actually do this graphically would get a subscription from me.

On 19/06/2024 at 07:17, BFTD said:

Teams I don't like? I have intense, irrational feelings, verging on bigotry, about the Swiss. They can get fucked. I sat through their notorious World Cup game against Ukraine, who can also GTF, that somehow got one of them a quarter-final place while simultaneously killing football for anyone who saw it. I don't think I've ever seen a match featuring Ukraine that they didn't try to turn into a dung heap, and they always seem to amount to less than the sum of their parts. I've never liked Portugal much either, and I don't think it's residual bitterness from the 5-0 game as I didn't like them much before that either. Their teams just always have the air that they're really hot shit in their own minds, epitomised by CR7's grief-stricken, shocked reactions whenever they don't win a tournament.

There's another nation in the latter category, but we'll not mention them. I've actually found myself feeling sorry for their players more and more over the decades, as their media aren't half a bunch of c***s.

This is what I'm here for! I have an irrational dislike for Belgium, although I do love their current cycling (or Tintin) inspired kit. I also have a similar irrational dislike for Roberto Martinez, although I do quite like Portugal as a team to watch 

On 20/06/2024 at 07:14, Dons_1988 said:

Italy. Love the country, love the anthem, love the way they play and strangle the life out of teams. Love that they ruined englands cocaine-fuelled party 3 years ago. 

Don’t think it’ll happen though. 

Yep. Agree with all of the above.

On 23/06/2024 at 12:05, Zetterlund said:

The Dutch team is a bit meh these days but I do enjoy the videos of their fans partying in the streets of the host cities, so hopefully they stick around for a while in the tournament,

I watched the Netherlands Argentina quarter final in a pub in Amsterdam and it was great fun. And thier fans are amazing - in all sports!

Anyway, hot off the press - a woman I volunteer with has combined me to join her in supporting Turkeyie on account of her half-turkish-cypriot mum so there you go...

On 20/06/2024 at 16:56, Glen Scotia said:

*puts hand up 

Too many cheating Italian clubs leaves a sour taste in my mouth when it comes to Italian football

I'm gonna throw it out there and suggest that actually cheating happens in all top leagues, Italy have just been harsher.