Third place, four point watch

JS_FFC

9 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

We might also be in that horrible position of hoping England put four past Slovenia. 

I'll take them putting double figures past them with pleasure if it does us a turn.

So, the only way we don't go through on 4pts now is if the Czechs (or Georgia) win their last game, Albania beat Spain, Slovenia (at worst) lose by 2 vs England and both Austria and Slovakia pick up a point in their last games. 

Guess what's happening then. 

2 points is enough if.....

Spain and Portugal do what you'd expect against Albania and Georgia. And....

Italy beat Croatia and Turkey beat Czechia. Or some miracle set of results in the England group.

That's about a 10% chance by my workings. Not enough to do anything other than go for win v Hungary but not impossible if we don't get one.

England will beat Slovenia comfortably to ensure “that all is well, its coming home”  is back on track as per previous tournaments.

Slovakia v Romania- who knows….

Netherlands v Austria - a draw suits both of these teams……..

Spain v Albania - Spain already through and might not give a f**k

2 minutes ago, Darth Crabbit said:

Spain v Albania - Spain already through and might not give a f**k

Not just that but already assured as group winners, few if any of their real key players will start that game. 

15 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

I'll take them putting double figures past them with pleasure if it does us a turn.

With Southgate at the helm, they'll be fortunate to get into double figures in the whole tournament.

So how are we looking after that draw? Haven't been able to keep up. I see that that Georgia Vs Czech Republic draw was good for us. Is a win basically a guarantee of qualification now? I've heard 2 might even be enough?!

1 minute ago, StewartyMac said:

You just know it's going to be that pasting in Munich that ultimately costs us

Nah.  That would've been the case if we'd got 3 points I reckon. 2 won't be enough for anyone I reckon.  

1 minute ago, kudaark said:

So how are we looking after that draw? Haven't been able to keep up. I see that that Georgia Vs Czech Republic draw was good for us. Is a win basically a guarantee of qualification now? I've heard 2 might even be enough?!

A draw with Hungary could be enough to qualify, depending on the final Group B and Group F matches, if the games go to form then the third place teams in those groups would finish on 1 point.

10 minutes ago, kudaark said:

We can't get 2 wins now. At least, not in the group stages

I forgot (and I think most casual fans won't even know), that win or draw, and there won't be any celebrations tomorrow, as we won't know for a couple of days whether we are through. Or is there a possibility that if we win, we'll know by then, bearing in mind today and I think group B finishes before ours?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

These results apparently put us through on 2pts, from Twitter

Screenshot_20240622_164247_Chrome.jpg.0687ee7d48d24db4577cb97f5cc0d9bd.jpg

Also a possibility of Group C working for us if…Denmark bt Serbia coupled with England thrashing Slovenia.

27 minutes ago, kudaark said:

I forgot (and I think most casual fans won't even know), that win or draw, and there won't be any celebrations tomorrow, as we won't know for a couple of days whether we are through. Or is there a possibility that if we win, we'll know by then, bearing in mind today and I think group B finishes before ours?

Group B finishes on Monday night, we're on Sunday.