Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇭🇺 Hungary

Scary Bear

Adams has been awful, keeping hold of nothing up top and giving away dangerous free kicks on the edge of our box. Definitely need to up the pace second half.

Hungary have built a reputation for counter attacking sides. Is it even that long since they dismantled England that way?

McKenna and Ralston are killing the shape though, in comparison to Tierney and Hickey.

Zero shots, zero corners - absolutely no threat. Nobody can take a man on and create. Totally one dimensional- Hungary far more dangerous on a fraction of possession.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's such a Clarkes Sxotland performance. I don't know what folknwere expecting and I really don't hate what I've seen. We were only ever going to nick a tight game. We remain in the same scenario 

Yep. 

A bizarre reaction on this thread. 

Folk calling it a disgrace. 😂 grow up you weirdos 

Edited by Jives Miguel

What a bizarre, painful and low quality half of football that was. Hungary sat in for the first 30 minutes, seemingly in the knowledge that Scotland wouldn’t be able to create anything. They were right of course, we couldn’t even get a shot on goal, despite 70%+ possession. Painful.

They then woke up around the half hour mark and seemed to realise that we are hopeless and they do infact, need to win. 
In the last 10-15 minutes they tested our defence and looked dangerous every time they did.

Hungary are rubbish too, what a chance we have of getting to the knockouts for the first time ever tonight. Will really sting if we don’t take it. 

Scared of our own fcuking shadows. Get the ball in the goddamn box instead of running home all the fcuking time!

Dont Just Stand There Willy Wonka GIF

Edited by ArabFC

I would have Oli Shaw on instead of Che Adams. OK maybe took that too far. But in 3 games so far as our out and out striker he has looked as dangerous as a kitten. 

Of course Clark will wait until Friday to put on any subs. Fair play to Hungary they know we cannot break down a Lego model so just let Scotland have the ball. And if we can stop pissing ourselves laughing at the pace and ingenuity of the Scotland team we may just get the win eventually. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

If this was a Scottish Championship match, the thread would be full of "two poor teams" comments. 

Hungary would be labelled as 'hammer throwers' = Morton NAP.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Am I the only one that thinks that went okay?   

If we get a goal the second half that first half was perfect. I don't know what the game plan is but I'd imagine a draw at HT was a target. 

We really need to kick on now though. It's all very well having the ball but we're so slow going forward and it's so easy for Hungary to defend. We're absolutely toothless up front and even set pieces have been shit. If it's 0-0 at 70 minutes we need another striker on (or ideally 2 and replacing Adams). 

Just now, SanStarko said:

God no, I remember Carver when he was in charge at Toronto FC.

We don’t win, we aren’t advancing…it can’t be “worse” in that context…