Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇭🇺 Hungary

Scary Bear

23 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

At full strength we are the weakest team in this group and we aren't at full strength.

However football is a game of small margins and getting a win is possible.

We went up a level to get a point off Switzerland, we are going to have to go up an additional level to beat Hungary.

My honest opinion though is that the personnel in this squad just don't deal with elite level pressures.

Probably the most Scottish thing is getting a draw and going out on 2 points.

And the moment it kinda looks like 3 points will get you through to the knock out which means Hungary will be up for this.

I don’t see how we are close to being weaker than Hungary at full strength tbh. 

With the current score in today's game, us beating Hungary now significantly increases the chances of England getting Georgia in the R16 match. Swings and roundabouts 🤣

4 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

As @Junior_Arab said,  very much came in fancied. Working on the basis that Switzerland dealt with them fairly easily and we more than matched the Swiss, on who-beat-who, we should win. But this is...

a) bollocks 

b) Scotland 

Although the score was very different I didn't think they posted Germany much more of a challenge than we did. My big concern is that Szoboszlai naturally plays on the left and is their best/most skillful player, which lines up nicely with Ralston who's confidence must be shot.

Hungary have been good in recent years, but it feels like their squad's more important players are generally older (lol remember Croatia in 2021, they're almost all still playing). Generally based on levels played at, I reckon our squad and Hungary's are fairly evenly matched. This isn't like Switzerland who had a Bundesliga, Serie A, and Tourist League champion through their squad.

Cheers. I dont buy too much into form, age or the leagues they come from. Not a great gauge for a one-off game. Besides all of the above could apply to us.

It always just comes back to which team plays better on the day. who make the least mistakes and who gets the breaks. Looking forward to it though. They're probably a fairly well rounded team.

From 1st minute to last we have to be high octain. We have to press high and with aggression. Play with energy and a fast temp and go at them.

Hopefully that will be enough to get the win.

I would contemplate replacing Ralston. His average accurate passing of 65% is shocking. He also offers nothing going forward.

I'd consider being bold and play Forrest at right wingback. Or anyone who isn't McCrorie or Ralston.

Edited by SlayerX

With Hungary needing to really go for it wonder if Clarke will try some passive counterattacking nonsense. Play Christie from the start or bring his fresh legs on later gambling that we'll not be behind and there will be big gaps to exploit?

Pity we've such a lack of pace in the forwards.

16 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

- 5 out of 10 chance of getting Group F's winner (likely Portugal, chance of Turkey if they can pull it together)

Think it's fair to say Turkey cannot pull it together

I know that, like us, Georgia have only got a point, but I’ve been surprised at how well they’ve done against better opposition at this tournament. 

It would be nice to see us play like that tonight, but hopefully with better finishing.

I can't see us keeping a clean sheet tbh so we'll need to score 2 minimum. It's definitely possible as Hungary need the win and a gd swing so they'll be attacking and will be exposed at the back.

Can't call it but I think there'll be at least 5 goals.