Mr pharmacist can you help me out today?

Expired pharmaceuticals  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, coprolite said:

I'm being a massive baby about a toothache and have finished all the painkillers in the house (without exceeding the recommended dose) except for a packet of ibuprofen i found at the back of the cupboard.

The expiry date is 03/2020.

What to do? 

Suffer like a man you fucking woke snowflake.

14 hours ago, coprolite said:

I'm being a massive baby about a toothache and have finished all the painkillers in the house (without exceeding the recommended dose) except for a packet of ibuprofen i found at the back of the cupboard.

The expiry date is 03/2020.

What to do? 

Unironically get to a dentist. I had a bit of toothache a couple years back and did the tried and true "ignore it, use more mouthwash and hope it goes away"

It did for a few weeks but came back with a vengeance. Warm salt water helped a little. Vodka unironically helped, just swilled it around the tooth and also drank some to dull the pain, not a sustainable solution tbf

Milk, too, weirdly, found swilling that around the tooth helped a wee bit.

Got to the dentist eventually, was a crumbling wisdom tooth they had to extract 😬

Gave me a weeks course of amoxycillin too, so ibuprofen wont help with that, good chance you need strong antibiotics prescribed to kill any infection as presumably thats causing the toothache.

Extraction... wasnt fun, but it healed up ok, dentist actually recommended the salt water too, draws out any infection or summat. Couldnt have left alone, just better getting it done, otherwise theres problems if the roots to a deid tooth are still in place foostering away.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

18 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Was your toothache cured in the end.. 

pallbearers.jpg.bbdb075cf7a62e67468692454b48321e.jpg

Following @Thistle_do_nicely's sage and sincere advice above, i picked up the phone to the dentist, and their answerphone reminded me that they shut at lunchtime on Fridays. Arseholes. 

Seriously considering euthanasia, or possibly just knocking this abstinence shite on the head and cracking open the whisky. 

On 23/06/2024 at 13:08, coprolite said:

Following @Thistle_do_nicely's sage and sincere advice above, i picked up the phone to the dentist, and their answerphone reminded me that they shut at lunchtime on Fridays. Arseholes. 

Seriously considering euthanasia, or possibly just knocking this abstinence shite on the head and cracking open the whisky. 

Did you call today, or did you go down the euthanasia route?