Round of 16 thread

JS_FFC

Is anyone else distracted by fluctuating light levels on the areas of the pitch with no players? I don’t know if it’s an artifact of the TV signal, or my TV’s local dimming algorithm. It’s only on the wide, midfield camera view, with sections of open pitch lightening and darkening.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The cup throwing is getting embarrassing now. No wonder we can't take anything into fitba matches. 

I can’t believe they are throwing them. The deposit on cups is €3, they should be taking them back and getting their money back. Folk were collecting the left over ones at our games, bet the stadium has never been so clean and tidy. 🤣

Just now, TxRover said:

Is anyone else distracted by fluctuating light levels on the areas of the pitch with no players? I don’t know if it’s an artifact of the TV signal, or my TV’s local dimming algorithm. It’s only on the wide, midfield camera view, with sections of open pitch lightening and darkening.

Wouldn't happen with a plastic pitch 

Just now, TxRover said:

No. But then I'm watching it on a perfectly good 22" Grundig. 

Just now, Jambomo said:

I can’t believe they are throwing them. The deposit on cups is €3, they should be taking them back and getting their money back. Folk were collecting the left over ones at our games, bet the stadium has never been so clean and tidy. 🤣

Maybe that's why the wee lassie is scooping them up as quickly as they're being thrown! 

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

Have you never seen the aftermath of a Japanese match?

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

Wouldn't happen with a plastic pitch 

Too right!

The Turks do generally piss in these cups before they chuck them.

They also chuck coins and zippo lighters.

I have first hand experience at being on the receiving end of this at a Besiktas CL game in 2003, played in Gelsenkirchen.