Round of 16 thread

JS_FFC

Just now, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I think the agreement is that if you moved there while still at school it's ok.

It's why Peter Pawlett could be called up for Scotland despite having no Scottish heritage.

I can think of at least one argument against Peter Pawlett, to be fair. 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Rudiger rolling about.

Deary me.

I'm sure I've said this before, but he's really become the perfect replacement for Pepe at Real Madrid.

Great defender, absolute shitcunt

3 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I think the agreement is that if you moved there while still at school it's ok.

It's why Peter Pawlett could be called up for Scotland despite having no Scottish heritage.

Thankfully it's not as mental as Rugby Union where you can qualify simply by playing in that country for 5 consecutive years immediately preceding a debut.

That said, where would the Scotland team be without it.

Not getting this whole “Denmark have been cheated” thing tbh. Germany have been better tbh, should have had a couple more goals. 

29 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That it hits sombody’s hand or arm is very rarely in doubt.  It seems pointless. 

26 minutes ago, The Master said:

Now, you could argue that if you can’t see a touch (or evidence of it, such as the ball obviously changing direction) then it shouldn’t be a penalty. Which is probably fair enough.

...except in the case of a goal being scored by an attacking team (Czechia, last Saturday), where the ball being blasted off an arm rather than a player's arse or right nipple at 0.2 yard's range must be punished as a heinous foul against the Corinthian principles of the sport.

Because the 'objective' rule devised by IFAB on the back of a fag packet two minutes ago says so. 🤡

Spoiler

There is going to be no stable resolution of hand ball that doesn't revert to subjective interpretation rather than flavour of the month, illogical nonsense. A subjective interpretation that should therefore apply equally to both attacking and defending players because that's how fairness in sport works. 

Mads Mikkelsen; Viggo Mortensen; Hans Christian Anderson; Noma; Hamlet; Beowulf; Lego; The Little Mermaid; Thumbelina; Ragnar Lothbrok; Alphabeat; Peter Schmeichel; Søren Kierkegaard; every single Viking who muddied your beautiful race by taking advantage of our Doric crones…. Your boys took one hell of a beating. 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

That’s another poor miss.  

When you have a 3-0 correct and he’s clean through - just knew he’d fk that up

4 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Mads Mikkelsen; Viggo Mortensen; Hans Christian Anderson; Noma; Hamlet; Beowulf; Lego; The Little Mermaid; Thumbelina; Ragnar Lothbrok; Alphabeat; Peter Schmeichel; Søren Kierkegaard; every single Viking who muddied your beautiful race by taking advantage of our Doric crones…. Your boys took one hell of a beating. 

Don't forget Sandi Smugface Toksvig.