Fixtures 2024/25

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

Season 2024/2025 Predictions

Top 4 – Unsure of order, Talbot, Cumnock, JB, St Cads

Bottom 4 – Unsure of order, Glens, Bens, Shotts & Darvel

Managerial changes – Darvel, Clydebank, Bens, Glens, Cumnock(they normally go through a couple a season)

JB are no doubt the big spenders however I am sure there will be a few egos in there so interested to see how they merge as a team. For me Cumnock will be similar, lot of money thrown at team however interested how the players are as a team.

Pollok are an unknown this season, well reported money issues. Still think they will be strong enough to finish top half.

Darvel under Mick Oliver, I personally feel this is a bad move for him I am sure more stable clubs would have been interested. Unsure what he was promised etc…

Clydebank with the current squad I believe this would be their last chance of winning the league before a rebuild needs to take place.

Gartcairn will be dangerous however not sure they are at the stage yet to mount a challenge over a full season, however I think they could take points off any team.

Drumchapel for me could be a hit or a miss, not seen much of them so a bit of an unknown.

Glens I think were fortunate last season, I see it being a hard season for them. Hope I am wrong however I just don’t see them having enough quality at the moment.

Any thoughts?

West Premier 2024-25 predictions thread for this pish 😉

Sa as I said previously people getting their knickers in a twist over f**k all.

Due to the South Challenge Cup draw fixtures have already been changed and Pollok now have a home fixture on Sat 17th August

9 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Sa as I said previously people getting their knickers in a twist over f**k all.

Due to the South Challenge Cup draw fixtures have already been changed and Pollok now have a home fixture on Sat 17th August

Relying on the luck of the draw now... That will fill the clubs with confidence! 

7 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Relying on the luck of the draw now... That will fill the clubs with confidence! 

There are so many cup draws that there will be many changes.

Your take seems to be that that is the fixtures and all games will be played then. My take is the fixture list so far in advance is pointless and the majority of games will be changed

13 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

There are so many cup draws that there will be many changes.

Your take seems to be that that is the fixtures and all games will be played then. My take is the fixture list so far in advance is pointless and the majority of games will be changed

My point is that ALL the other leagues in the system manage to bring out fixture lists where clubs don't go 9 games (right into the dark, wet months) without having a home game scheduled. If these teams then got a few long distance away draws in the cup, then it is putting them in a very precarious financial position. 

Not to mention the advantage other teams will have by potentially having a decent lead in the league standings and all that comes from that.

Clubs are not able to take advantage of the nicer, early season days and the better crowds that comes from that... 

Bottom line is, EVERY other league manage it fine and apart from one or two wee issues, never have near the same issues as the West of Scotland clubs do with their fixtures while playing the same amount of games

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

My point is that ALL the other leagues in the system manage to bring out fixture lists where clubs don't go 9 games (right into the dark, wet months) without having a home game scheduled.

Show your working here

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

My point is that ALL the other leagues in the system manage to bring out fixture lists where clubs don't go 9 games (right into the dark, wet months) without having a home game scheduled. If these teams then got a few long distance away draws in the cup, then it is putting them in a very precarious financial position. 

Not to mention the advantage other teams will have by potentially having a decent lead in the league standings and all that comes from that.

Clubs are not able to take advantage of the nicer, early season days and the better crowds that comes from that... 

Bottom line is, EVERY other league manage it fine and apart from one or two wee issues, never have near the same issues as the West of Scotland clubs do with their fixtures while playing the same amount of games

What teams were going 9 games without a home game scheduled?

11 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Show your working here

11 minutes ago, andy25 said:

What teams were going 9 games without a home game scheduled?

8 games then ffs, petty much? 

Show me another league where a club aren't scheduled for a home game until week 9...

Saying nothing more about it, got more important things to do than having a silly argument with people who will just pick on daft details like that 

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

8 games then ffs, petty much? 

Show me another league where a club aren't scheduled for a home game until week 9...

Saying nothing more about it, got more important things to do than having a silly argument with people who will just pick on daft details like that 

Genuine question- What club are you talking about

If there is a club whose first eight fixtures are away then I agree it is a shambles

4 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Genuine question- What club are you talking about

If there is a club whose first eight fixtures are away then I agree it is a shambles

Ok, Saturday home games... Hands up on that one, been away for work all week and misread things.

Point still stands that every other league manage to get a balanced set of fixtures out that help all clubs and have a reasonable amount of thought about them.

We seem to have this discussion every season regarding the West fixtures. Not having a SATURDAY home game until week 9 is potentially crippling for clubs and something other leagues manage not to do

15 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Ok, Saturday home games... Hands up on that one, been away for work all week and misread things.

Point still stands that every other league manage to get a balanced set of fixtures out that help all clubs and have a reasonable amount of thought about them.

We seem to have this discussion every season regarding the West fixtures. Not having a SATURDAY home game until week 9 is potentially crippling for clubs and something other leagues manage not to do

What clubs dont have a Saturday home game scheduled until game 9?

11 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

Maybe they should have had the cup draws in place weeks ago and allowed a better working of the league fixtures to boot.

Rough guide or not, some of them are a shambles and he's had longer than everyone else to come up with them.

What fixtures are a shambles?

9 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

Maybe they should have had the cup draws in place weeks ago and allowed a better working of the league fixtures to boot.

That's typically what would have happened with the SCC. Not too clear what the delay was this year, but certainly the idea of eventizing the draws has backfired for the WoSFL Cup and SCC.

20 hours ago, andy25 said:

What clubs dont have a Saturday home game scheduled until game 9?

Pollok didn't have one scheduled until September 28th(which will hopefully have to be rescheduled due to the Scottish Cup first round), though the club have managed to correct this slightly by scheduling the Johnstone Burgh game for the free Saturday in August which was not in use as both clubs received a bye in the cup draw. 

For clarity.

Initial fixtures released and Pollok had 2 home Saturday league games between July to September.

In addition they were the only club to have two home midweek games in August. 

The cup draws were made and then, as not drawn for a date in August, they were then given a home game on that date. 

The fact that it took the luck of the draw to give some balance, all be it still questionable in the first 10 weeks of the season we have 4 home games and only 2 on a Saturday, the only club with that. 
No doubt this post will get the usual, games get changed argument.
But that doesn’t make it right in the first place to think that this is a balanced fixture list, as if most games do go ahead on these dates, and early weeks of the season that is more likely to be the case, then it’s at best wrong.

29 minutes ago, superpollok said:

For clarity.

Initial fixtures released and Pollok had 2 home Saturday league games between July to September.

In addition they were the only club to have two home midweek games in August. 

The cup draws were made and then, as not drawn for a date in August, they were then given a home game on that date. 

The fact that it took the luck of the draw to give some balance, all be it still questionable in the first 10 weeks of the season we have 4 home games and only 2 on a Saturday, the only club with that. 
No doubt this post will get the usual, games get changed argument.
But that doesn’t make it right in the first place to think that this is a balanced fixture list, as if most games do go ahead on these dates, and early weeks of the season that is more likely to be the case, then it’s at best wrong.

Clydebank have 2 home games in the first 7.

You’d think @Kennie was from Ayrshire or something …….