Quarter Finals thread

throbber

My predictions:

Germany v Spain 

A travesty one of these teams have to go out at this stage - should be a cracker and I fancy Germany to win narrowly perhaps in extra time. 3-2 Germany

France v Portugal 

Not holding out on it being a cracker , think France will win be a single goal. 1-0 France

England v Switzerland

Really hope the Swiss can do this - going on form alone they are much better than England who have done nothing so far in the tournament, I don’t think Southgate will take any gambles and just go with the same line up and by time he makes changes it will be too little too late. 2-1 Switzerland

Netherlands v Turkey

Turkey look so well drilled and will be buzzing from last night and I think they’ll pull off the upset here. Netherlands have a bit too much negativity in the camp and I think it will show on the evening. 2-1 Turkey

Edited by throbber

Spain will turn over the Germans, it's a real shame they meet at this early stage when they both ended up as group winners, someone fucked up there! 

France v Portugal will be a dull, drab, boring affair, with the Portugese sitting back and hitting on the counter, I fancy France to come out on top, just! 

I've got a horrible feeling that England with being forced to play 3 at the back, will click against the Swiss (who were excellent against Italy), if the English don't click though, the Swiss will turn them over, toss a coin for this one but I'll say England in the hope I'm wrong! 

Netherlands are a much better team than Turkey, I feel that the Turks, whilst very well organised, have been pretty lucky in this tournament and the quarters is as far as they'll go with all the players they have missing. 

Spain v Netherlands final.....please! 

Germany v Spain

Can go either way. I think the Spaniards will have a bit too much for the Deutsch. 2-1 Spain.

France v Portugal

The French have got to kick into gear at some point. Portugal's only hope is if Ronaldo gets injured early and gets taken off. 3-0 France if Ronaldo stays on.

England v Switzerland

England to continue their spawnfest. Only consolation is one of their better players in this tournament, Guehi, is out. England to win on pens 13-12.

Netherlands v Turkey

Again, could go either way. I think the Dutch looked quite assured against Romania, but Turkey will have a go at them. Can see it being a bit of a goal fest. 3-2 Holland.

Germany 🇩🇪 v 🇪🇸 Spain - I want Spain to win the tournament, so hopefully they can get past the hosts.

France 🇫🇷 v 🇵🇹 Portugal - I want Portugal to win. I’m sick of France. Portugal have some decent players.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v 🇨🇭 Switzerland - Not fussed who wins but on balance I’d prefer England to get through. I’d like to see them get to the semis and face Holland or Turkey before the inevitable  draw, penalties, heartbreak. Sir Gareth keeps his job.

Holland 🇳🇱 v 🇹🇷 Turkey - Again, i’m not fussed which one makes it, but I want one of these to face England in the semis. Turkey have had a lot of yellow cards. Unless they get written off at some stage that’ll come back to bite them. However, I think they would have a better chance of winning the patio furniture flinging, so maybe them.

I am not the man the bookies fear so get ready for Germany v France and Switzerland v Holland in the Semis.

Edited by Scary Bear

6 hours ago, throbber said:

My predictions:

Germany v Spain 

A travesty one of these teams have to go out at this stage - should be a cracker and I fancy Germany to win narrowly perhaps in extra time. 3-2 Germany

France v Portugal 

Not holding out on it being a cracker , think France will win be a single goal. 1-0 France

England v Switzerland

Really hope the Swiss can do this - going on form alone they are much better than England who have done nothing so far in the tournament, I don’t think Southgate will take any gambles and just go with the same line up and by time he makes changes it will be too little too late. 2-1 Switzerland

Netherlands v Turkey

Turkey look so well drilled and will be buzzing from last night and I think they’ll pull off the upset here. Netherlands have a bit too much negativity in the camp and I think it will show on the evening. 2-1 Turkey

Spain

Portugal 

England 

Holland 

For me