Who did you vote for?

Who did you vote for?  

235 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I put an x in the box of the independent and also drew a cock and balls.

I'm now officially allowed to complain about things.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I'm not sure if I actually voted or spoiled my ballot.  I put an X in the SNP box and called everyone except the TUSC and Green candidate a c**t (but outside the wee box).  

If it's spoiled then it's worth it.  

This has been pretty definitively settled - if you make a Clear preference for a single candidate it's counted as a vote, as per some case in the Hebrides where some voter wrote 'w**k' beside every candidate except the SNP candidate, who got a 'good guy' instead.

15 minutes ago, Cheese said:

IMG_1727.gif.8ad3fe16c4305fcb10b5d454d9ce601c.gif

4 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

They've changed our polling station as the usual one is undergoing a refurb

The new one is my old Primary school, haven't been there in 45 years - still had the fear as I walked past the headmasters office, even upped the pace a bit as I hurried past

Anyone else hate when there are candidates outside greeting folk? 

I thought they weren't allowed to be within a certain distance or have any material promoting.

I could Google but I'm not that bothered.

28 minutes ago, Cheese said:

With that you've earned a right to attend & participate in the marketplace of ideas

2 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Flynn losing his seat would be a decent outcome for the SNP as they really need him in Holyrood rather than Westminster. 

I suspect even if he wins he might stand in 2026 and relinquish his Westminster seat if elected.

Honestly, the worst thing about casting your vote is that hour or so of doubt afterwards where you convince yourself that you didn't actually vote for the candidate/party you intended to. I checked my ballot three times before folding it and taking it to the box, and once after folding it, but there is still part of me convinced that I voted Reform by accident. 

I'd imagine that normal, well-adjusted human beings do not experience this, but hopefully some on here can relate. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I'm not sure if I actually voted or spoiled my ballot.  I put an X in the SNP box and called everyone except the TUSC and Green candidate a c**t (but outside the wee box).  

If it's spoiled then it's worth it.  

If it's a clear mark for a candidate then I'd assume the cross is the one that will have priority.

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Honestly, the worst thing about casting your vote is that hour or so of doubt afterwards where you convince yourself that you didn't actually vote for the candidate/party you intended to. I checked my ballot three times before folding it and taking it to the box, and once after folding it, but there is still part of me convinced that I voted Reform by accident. 

I'd imagine that normal, well-adjusted human beings do not experience this, but hopefully some on here can relate. 

I do this too. The worst ever was the independence referendum, where I convinced myself I’d voted the wrong way for days despite checking it about 15 times before I put it in the box.

Anyway, voted SNP in Cumbernauld and Kirkintilloch. Looks like it’ll be neck and neck with Labour but hopefully the SNP guy holds on, seems a decent bloke.

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I was surprised we had a reform candidate in my constituency. 

When I saw his picture, I wasn't surprised he was a reform candidate

35bde558b04bed1953b5b856b2338668.jpg.a2c2d2acc6f0a042d91ad37b51c5b652.jpg

His dad liked a wee cigar or two😄

20240704_195336.jpg

17 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You've seen the light.

Not the first time I’ve voted for them. I have the misfortune of living in a constituency that includes places like Stranraer, Kircudbright, Wigtown and numerous other Tory hovels so in the past I’ve voted SNP as they’re usually the closest challenger to the tories. It’s never worked before but I’m hopeful this time.