What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

I'd put Boris ahead of Corbyn in a straight fight going by Boris's history of rugby tackling weans and German celebs/ fitba players but the ravages of time are going to be especially tough on Boris.

36 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

I think Private Eye used a similar picture as its front cover a while back. I would have hoped Corbyn, or a member of his retinue, would have pointed out that it was inadvisable  to be photographed with that brand of gloves.Corbyn-Boxing.jpg

😳😐😁🤣

Remarkable. Who the Hell was his minder/adviser that day?  Cupid Stunt? 

57 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

I think Private Eye used a similar picture as its front cover a while back. I would have hoped Corbyn, or a member of his retinue, would have pointed out that it was inadvisable  to be photographed with that brand of gloves.Corbyn-Boxing.jpg

18 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

😳😐😁🤣

What's the beef?

4 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

😳😐😁🤣

That's a word that I don't think I've heard uttered in thirty years.

There was a time when it was just a word. Then it became a word.

14 hours ago, Pato said:

He'd tire quickly so you'd win if you could weather the initial storm but I think Johnson would spark out any of the others inside 1 round.

I wonder if Johnson had to wear boxing gloves in bed when he was at Eton?

On 01/05/2021 at 12:42, Miguel Sanchez said:

Scottish election 2021: Lib Dems to 'progress' and take advantage of 'soft'  SNP vote, vows Willie Rennie | The Scotsman

This looks like a character portrait from one of those knock off Mortal Kombat photo realistic fighting games that were all the rage in the early to mid 90's.

Guest Jedi

Labour have been squeezed out yet again between the single policy Tories and the SNP Indy Ref 2. The tactics of talking up a Covid Recovery plan are all fine and well, when you have no chance of enacting it, but they could surely have set out proposals on an alternative to Independence....Council of the Nations, essentially FFA for Scotland, retain defence and foreign policy in London etc. There was the chance to paint the Tories as No Indy Ref and status quo against Indy Ref if that commands a majority, but here is a 3rd option.

Until they are much clearer on where they stand (I realise that they have said No to Indy Ref 2 but its more of a whisper), then they will continue to be irrelevant.

Sarwar is clearly an upgrade on Leonard, although obviously a plank of wood could have achieved that, but its yet another constitutional election.

Are they trying to wait it out until the next GE now to unveil any kind of coherent Devo offer?, by which time that ship may have sailed.

This is embarrassing to watch.

The funny thing is that there is always going to be external pressure to stop the party going left again so no matter how out their depth the Centrists prove themselves to be in contemporary UK politics they won't be allowed to give up and go home. 

28 minutes ago, Detournement said:

This is embarrassing to watch.

The funny thing is that there is always going to be external pressure to stop the party going left again so no matter how out their depth the Centrists prove themselves to be in contemporary UK politics they won't be allowed to give up and go home. 

Jesus H!  😳 Even the most poorly prepared candidate for any job interview at the very least ought to be ready to have an answer to "tell me, why do you want this job?" 🤣

15 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Jesus H!  😳 Even the most poorly prepared candidate for any job interview at the very least ought to be ready to have an answer to "tell me, why do you want this job?" 🤣

I would guess he does have an answer but can't say "I need to get back into Westminster so the corporate stooge cash starts rolling in again. I've already got offers from Saudi Arabia, Nestle and British American Tobacco" on video. 

Edited by Detournement