What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

2 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Jarrow trying to recover some of its radical past by inviting Corbyn to a commemorative event. Maybe Sir Keir was washing his hair on that day.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/people/former-labour-leader-jeremy-corbyn-among-speakers-as-jarrows-rebel-town-festival-returns-for-2022-3686914

Sounds like a laugh, Arthur Scargill was the headliner last time. I'd think about going but I'm booked for Stewart Lee in Aberdeen.

^^^bourgeois sell out

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sounds like a laugh, Arthur Scargill was the headliner last time. I'd think about going but I'm booked for Stewart Lee in Aberdeen.

^^^bourgeois sell out

I'm going to that. It's not the same date. Stewart Lee's on 23rd June.

He called me a c**t last time I saw him.

Edit. 22nd and 23rd.

Edited by Suspect Device

16 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I'm going to that. It's not the same date. Stewart Lee's on 23rd June.

He called me a c**t last time I saw him.

Edit. 22nd and 23rd.

Correct, but I can't afford 2 events the same long weekend. Booked for the 23rd so I'll call everyone a c**t just in case it's you.

Getting our good British boys off the hook for criminal acts, in order to placate poppy fascists? Check!

Labour says it will vote against Northern Ireland Troubles bill because it equates soldiers with terrorists

In the Commons MPs are debating the second reading of the Northern Ireland Troubles (legacy and reconciliation) bill. The legislation is intended to address the longstanding problem of how to deal with unsolved killings that occurred during the Troubles. Boris Johnson has been under particular pressure from Tory MPs angry about army veterans being investigated in relation to incidents that occurred decades ago.

Peter Kyle, the shadow Northern Ireland secretary, said Labour would be voting against the bill because it equated those who served in the armed forces with terrorists. He explained:

My party will be voting against this bill today because of the equivalence that it gives to people who served in the armed forces to those who committed acts of terror.

For the incredibly low threshold, and remembering that 722 service people lost their lives by acts of terror and the people who committed [that] against our armed forces could get immunity from prosecution with the very lowest of possible thresholds, that is what we will be voting against today.

46 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Clearly Fraz Av

😆

Been 'gentrified' now supposedly but I've not seen it. 

Was Whinneyhill then Church Street then The Maltings when I got my first place of my own. Don't miss it.

ETA: to get it back on topic, all my time living in divit, my SNP vote was wasted because Labour got in. Gordon Brown's constituency.  It was only after I left that it turned. Strangely the only time I've been on the 'winning side' is since I moved to Cults which should be strong Tory.

Edited by Suspect Device

On 09/05/2022 at 15:25, williemillersmoustache said:

I'll say this. It is politically brave, bold and principled of him if he does commit to resigning should he be fined. But I don't think it's going to work. 

All set for the optimum Tory and hilarious outcome of Starmer commiting political seppuku while BawJaws blunders on unscathed. 

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

No chance Sir Keir recieves a FPN. Wouldn't be so fussed if Angela got one and had to step down not that that's happening either. 

Just for the banter let's pretend Boris gets punted and Starmer resigns who are the likely successors?

Wes Streeting vs Liz Truss? I saw some polling about Tory satisfaction and astoundingly they had Zahawi second to Ben Wallace. There is not one Tory that can win over the electorate right now imo. This may change within the next year though.

For the record I'd happily opt for Lisa Nandy or Yvette Cooper over Streeting or Rachel Reeves. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur