What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

20 minutes ago, Iain said:

Are xenophobia and union-busting traditional Labour values?

No, but stopping Corbyn standing at the next election is nothing to do with appeasing middle England, which is what I was talking about. 

Edited by MazzyStar

What I'm increasingly noticing is that there is more and more 'new' faces bring rolled out by Labour in the media and increasingly, I'm unable to really see much differences in how they act and what they say from the Tories. Sure, they argue over things, but nothing of real substance. Beit sale of council houses, brexit, devolution etc. Corbyn was too left for Labour, but for me, Labour is now veering onto right of centre now. They are more akin to the Democrats in the US than even new Labour.

I'm no Corbyn fan, but surely you need guys like him and previously Benn etc to be a break on any party moving too far to the centre. Tories have the opposite problem, they have lost the pull to the centre.

23 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Even the BBC were acknowledging today the biggest gulf in UK politics is between Tory and SNP.

It certainly was between Tory and Sturgeon SNP, which I assume will continue under Yusaf.  The Daily Mail is, like the right wing of the SNP, lamenting the fall of Forbes.  

A left wing voter in Scotland still has at least two influential voting options.  It’s arguable if English pinkos even have one.  

Corbyn will win Islington North as an independent at a canter. He holds a 26.2k majority (48.7% of the vote). No Labour candidate beats him in that seat.

Frankly, a wasted effort for all concerned and I'd have thought Keith would have better things to be doing.

Edited by Trogdor

7 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Corbyn is a useful bogeyman for the Tory press, so  I imagine Starmer is pretty happy to sacrifice at least one seat in his attempt to reclaim votes from the Red Wall thickos.

How do you think the tory press is going to react when Labour inevitably lose that seat?