What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

Streeting is meeting the unions about the doctors strikes today, and has also signalled his intention to divert billions from the overall NHS budget toward "the front door" in order to facilitate GP appointments and improve waiting times.

However I would have thought that more radical solutions to the nations health are more important - e.g. if we managed to sort even part of the obesity crisis, many of the pressures on the NHS would subside.

My concern is that Streeting thinks that healthcare starts when people fall ill - this is entirely wrong.

I strongly suspect that this administration is going to have the managerialist affliction of confusing targets and metrics with actual results. 

If private companies can provide extra capacity to do more routine operations in bulk then waiting lists for operations will come down. 10,000 people getting warts removed will show up in the stats (and soundbites) as a better outcome than 1,000 people getting melanoma removed. It won't be additional funds though, it will be funds that the NHS would otherwise have had. 

Pretty decent to be playing fives at 61. 

As the country gears into fully automated luxury Starmerism, this should form a principle aspect of the cult of personality. Like Kim Jong Il’s 11 holes in one, by 2028 the press should be full of accounts of how Starmer nutmegged Jude Bellingham while visiting the England team in their prison, sorry training camp for that years Euros.

On 07/07/2024 at 19:05, Cheese said:

Seem to be hearing and seeing a lot more of ol' war criminal Tony recently.

20240709_085938.thumb.jpg.70c11c0316f2483911b17939889a3a69.jpg

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Most didn't even give them that long.

Of course, that viewpoint is absolutely correct.

The usual level of arrogance..it enters your head, ergo 'it's correct' and anyone with an opposing view is wrong.

One govt, in power for 17 years, has a flawless record, another in power for 4 days is shambolic 

Edited by Jedi2

30 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

FB_IMG_1720513924799.thumb.jpg.b9d0ae9871482468a90c62e73ce2a581.jpg

On C4's election coverage, Rory Stewart was alluding to something that Starmer's team all had in common about how they acted. He clearly disapproved but wouldn't say exactly what it was. Mystery solved. 

20 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

The usual level of arrogance..it enters your head, ergo 'it's correct' and anyone with an opposing view is wrong.

One govt, in power for 17 years, has a flawless record, another in power for 4 days is shambolic 

As usual, Jedi, you are taking what I said and making up some nonsense about it.

Firstly, please point out exactly where I said (or even suggested) that the SNP had a flawless record. That's just another lie from you.

My view on Labour isn't influenced by the 4 days. It is influenced by their Tory-lite manifesto, which I have serious doubts about them managing to implement, even with their large majority. Obviously, it's up to them to prove me wrong, but I certainly didn't describe the last 4 days as shambolic.

Please stop making up lies, and in future, try to respond to what I actually said, rather than making stuff up.

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

On C4's election coverage, Rory Stewart was alluding to something that Starmer's team all had in common about how they acted. He clearly disapproved but wouldn't say exactly what it was. Mystery solved. 

Who’s the one person?

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

20240709_085938.thumb.jpg.70c11c0316f2483911b17939889a3a69.jpg

That photo of Blair is the sort of thing you’d put on your mantelpiece to keep the kids away from the fire.

I am aware that there’s some posters below a certain age who will not know what that means.

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.795e6d0f326a18b17090d78568eddfc2.png

😂 it's literally every single day now.

Tonty seems obsessed with AI and is involved with crypto as well. An absolute ghoul of a man.

I wonder if we'll ever find out who the unnamed ex British PM was in the Epstein flight logs.

4 hours ago, Cheese said:

The PM plays 5's on a Monday night and has a Slazenger bag.

We've got are country back.

Bet he's got one of these.

0_Sports-Direct.jpg.9b2a40f44dfa151881dc7097e1ea4ec5.jpg