What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Labour say they won’t put more money into the NHS until there are ‘reforms’.

The NHS is a state funded public service, what sort of ‘reforms’ do you carry out to improve that service without increased public funding?

I’ve got ideas the direction this could be headed in but I hope I’m wrong.

No, you're right. Nothing is worth doing unless there's a profit to be made.

After fourteen years of the opposition winding public services down to increase private involvement, Labour's answer will be "let's increase private involvement, just not as much as the Tories would have done".

20 hours ago, Sheas_cake said:

Evidently neither do you. 

Scottish Child Payment is not universal. It requires an income-based benefit to be in place, eg UC, ESA and so on. There won't be any "Sengas" cutting about in Evoques claiming any of those benefits. 

Back in your box 😂

Evidently you also can't read.  I have never claimed that it was universal.  There may not be any Senga's but I know of at least one Chantelle.

25 minutes ago, Sheas_cake said:

It's cool man. I think we all know you made an arse of that and are now desperately trying to back up a day later.

Folk in driving Evoques claiming Universal Credit indeed 😂

😂

More putting words into my mouth, you are the only one that mentioned Universal Credit.

33 minutes ago, strichener said:

😂

More putting words into my mouth, you are the only one that mentioned Universal Credit.

Do you know we can all see the previous posts?

Fair f**ks for going after that particular poster on his ignorance of the benefits system though. That must have been some rush.

On 11/09/2024 at 15:24, diegomarahenry said:

I used to listen to James O’Brien most mornings but since Labour got in, his constant fanboying has meant I can’t listen. 3 hours a day of justifying Starmers actions unbearable. 

The LBC political editor said on his show today, people will get fed up of Labour blaming the Tory’s for every decision they make soon and he’ll be under pressure. 
He made a comparison of the note left in the treasury after Brown lost the election of no money left and Sunak bringing it up after the last election. 
The political editor had to explain that Labour are making decisions (like keeping the two child cap, winter fuel) rather than other ones(higher taxes on windfalls etc) and the public will get tired of the excuses soon. He seems to have become blind to bad government pretty quickly. 

I used to listen occasionally but grew tired of his arrogance. I've seen a few clips of him bigging up Starmer so don't think I'll be tuning in again anytime soon

Starmer got a real easy ride in the lead up to the election, all he had to do was say as little as possible and not make any gaffes as folk were desperate to get the Tories out. 

I think he's a poor politician and you're spot on saying the general public will get tired of him just blaming the Tories constantly.

Decent chance the Tories(blue ones) will be back in next. Wonder if any of the slab politicians will find a backbone before then...

On 11/09/2024 at 18:23, strichener said:

Whilst you continue to ignore that the SNP continue to make choices on what to finance.  I haven't heard yet but are they going to ignore parliament's will regarding free school meals for P6/7 or will they further reduce the funding for rewilding to pay for it?  Choices to be made.

and you continue to suggest that it is perfectly reasonable for the choices of another Parliament to inform such financial decisions. So full circle. 

When a Parliament in an Independent Scotland has full fiscal autonomy then, and only then, will it be legitimate to judge their financial competency.  Until then the forelock tuggers should shut the f**k up.

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

When a Parliament in an Independent Scotland has full fiscal autonomy then, and only then, will it be legitimate to judge their financial competency.  Until then the forelock tuggers should shut the f**k up.

Utter nonsense I'm afraid. We should absolutely highlight the context of cuts coming downstream from Westminster and Holyrood's limited borrowing powers and so on, but the idea that elected and unelected budget holders of figures running into 100's of millions and billions even shouldn't be judged on their competency or their decisions is a genuinely stupid thing to say.

53 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Utter nonsense I'm afraid. We should absolutely highlight the context of cuts coming downstream from Westminster and Holyrood's limited borrowing powers and so on, but the idea that elected and unelected budget holders of figures running into 100's of millions and billions even shouldn't be judged on their competency or their decisions is a genuinely stupid thing to say.

speaking of nonsense - incoming !

Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 15.13.11.png

Edited by Pocketman

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

£59.7 Billion Plus Budget for 2024/25.  Three former  SNP First Ministers at each others throats. Three Pro Independence Parties unable to reach any kind of common agreement. SNP austerity very different from Labour  or Tory austerity. If the Budget doesn't get approved which seems likely, will there be an early election?

Edited by Blue Brazil Forever

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Could folk stop quoting the contrarian edgelord.

I've got him on ignore but keep seeing his pish because you are quoting his pish.

Mmm...might need to be a bit more specific there, m9.

(someone please quote this in case it's me)

Todays Labour Party is so far removed from the principals and beliefs of the Party's Founding Fathers, Hardie, Maxwell, Jowett and MacDonald etc.

You may argue that society has moved on but the working class is still around and still being shat on by the establishment of which this Labour Party seems to be aligning itself with.

12 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Todays Labour Party is so far removed from the principals and beliefs of the Party's Founding Fathers, Hardie, Maxwell, Jowett and MacDonald etc.

You may argue that society has moved on but the working class is still around and still being shat on by the establishment of which this Labour Party seems to be aligning itself with.

Once Blair ripped apart Clause 4 the game was a bogey.