England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

There's going to be an even more enormous amount of shite spouted over the next few days about a very dull side carrying just enough luck.

Get the Headsgone thread ready.

Oh, and I can’t help but go into full raging da mode when I see the ref talking to each player as they come up to the spot and telling them to move the ball back 1 centimetre every time. Get the f**k out the way and let them get on with it.

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

That was a cold shoot out from England. All five of their kickers looked practiced and confident, they’ve changed, sadly. 

This. Five outstanding kicks, none of whom even looked remotely like missing. And in Eze and Rice they had another couple of competent takers waiting behind. 

Thought Pickford might have saved more than one to be honest. The one he did save any one of us would have saved if we went the right way. But he only needed to save one.

Palmer’s wasn’t with any particular direction or pace but they never are. He just seems to have a knack of knowing where the keeper is going.

Akanji’s was pure piss though.

Akanjis penalty was a disgrace. I fucking hate when players run up to them like that as if they’re trying to make it look cool.

Switzerland still had the better of the chances in that game and they are still fucking only Switzerland so there’s  hope yet 

Just now, ScottishLoon said:

Surely it's clear as day that you ultimately won't win the tournament playing like this?

They're gonna 'Greece' it I fear. 

Posted (edited)

Spain are the only team left I’d expect to beat them. Deschamps is France’s own Southgate and Mbappe is off it.

Edited by eez-eh