England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Netherlands 🇳🇱

throbber

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

The way I look at is if there is any justice in the world, Spain, who have been the best team in the finals by miles, should win it.

If England win it, they'll need to beat the best team in the Final, so you can't really begrudge them even though they have been pish.

For ages and ages I didn't want 'new' Rangers to win a single title and then when it happened, while it's annoying for a day or something, you realise it doesn't really matter that much.

On a completely objective level Spain have to be clear favourites.

Yes, but Rangers were inevitably always going to win something eventually. It's entirely possible for international teams who consistently produce great players to somehow consistently fail to win tournaments.

Best we all just make our peace with them winning it now, then it's a pleasant sense of relief if they don't. Spain have clearly been a far better team at this tournament, but in a one off game there are too many variables that can go wrong and this lot have Wales levels of luck.

4 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

The way I look at is if there is any justice in the world, Spain, who have been the best team in the finals by miles, should win it.

If England win it, they'll need to beat the best team in the Final, so you can't really begrudge them even though they have been pish.

For ages and ages I didn't want 'new' Rangers to win a single title and then when it happened, while it's annoying for a day or something, you realise it doesn't really matter that much.

I’d have happily watched new Rangers win their first title 10 times over before seeing England ever win a trophy tbqhwy, but maybe that’s just me.

Football can be brutal sometimes.

Watching England largely labour to a final (albeit they were the better side tonight) whilst Scotland finish completely bottom of the pile, having humiliated and disgraced themselves in the process.

Surely to God Spain will turn them over on Sunday. Surely. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

On a bright note it'll be more painful for them to lose a final. Spain are head and shoulders above every team they have faced so far. Spain have the players who could absolutely destroy them in the final.

This is the hope. Different level for Rice and Mainoo against Rodri and Ruiz than what they faced tonight. 

Just now, George Parr said:

Football can be brutal sometimes.

Watching England largely labour to a final (albeit they were the better side tonight) whilst Scotland finish completely bottom of the pile, having humiliated and disgraced themselves in the process.

Surely to God Spain will turn them over on Sunday. Surely. 

How did they disgrace themselves?

Don't talk pish.

Just now, Groundhopping Adventures said:

They'll win something. They're as well just getting it over with on Sunday

They can win as many trophies as they like but I'd rather it was not in my lifetime 

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

They'll win something. They're as well just getting it over with on Sunday

Exactly my thoughts. Just win one and we can all move on.

4 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

This is a good point.

It will be the same if England win. The day after all their fans will realise it won't benefit them at all. We will all have our daily struggle of paying our bills whilst the players return to their enhanced millionaire lifestyles. 

It's the same with the election. Already people euphoric on the day are now already worrying about taxes and benefits.

In any case, the better team usually wins the final. 

Double edged sword now for Sunday. One is beautiful watching days of build up and expectancy and hope utterly crushed by a dominant Spain, the other doesn’t bear thinking about..

Edited by Utdtillidie2

5 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Ref had an absolute howler.

3 clear bookings that he missed and the most obvious corner decision ever

Not to mention the sham penalty decision.

England are the jammiest c***s ever

100%. Thought the referee favoured England all night long. Penalty decision was an absolute joke, it’s a different game 2nd half if they have to chase at 1-0 down. And not giving that corner led to their winning goal, otherwise it was heading to extra time, or maybe even a Dutch winner from the corner!!

Would be an absolute crime if England go on and win this.

Just now, Claudia Gentile said:

What's Antartica like this time of year?

Full of Yank scientists. I’d just stay put.