Best of the West - WoSFL Cup 2024/25

18 minutes ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

Administered by a pyramid organisation who should adopt professional standards at all times. 

Professional leagues have had the similar issues, and things like suspended/ineligible players still happen. People are fallible, so is technology.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/champions-league-draw-what-happened-why-uefa-redo/bltdeae17cc8a4b1c83

37 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Clydebank were formed in 2003, this team has nothing to do with Airdrieonians who took over the former club named Clydebank. 

I would have thought you knew your history.

Behave lad been going since mid 80s i was there when things happened 

14 minutes ago, Budandavodka said:

Another point regarding the draw is some teams may have got a decent team in the draw, good home crowd, increased revenue. Now in redraw they'll potentially lose that. 

As long as the hospitality, travel arrangements etc hadn't been done then that's no biggy.

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

Clydebank were formed in 2003, this team has nothing to do with Airdrieonians who took over the former club named Clydebank. 

I would have thought you knew your history.

image.png.05835b4052a8cba7a3513af95ca156f4.png

I think that some of you need need to get a grip, especially on reality.

A mistake was made, that's all. Nobody died, nobody's house burned down. Yet here you are demanding someone get's sacked over it.

Which one of you sad keyboard warriors are going to take on the role if it was to happen?

13 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

I think that some of you need need to get a grip, especially on reality.

A mistake was made, that's all. Nobody died, nobody's house burned down. Yet here you are demanding someone get's sacked over it.

Which one of you sad keyboard warriors are going to take on the role if it was to happen?

It’s got nothing to do with ‘who would take over the role’. That’s just a nonsense statement. 

its an unforgivable and unfathomable mistake and one that may well have gone unnoticed had the club not highlighted it. 

there needs to be an expected level of good governance otherwise what is the point? 

Clubs make basic and sometimes understandable admin errors and they are absolutely hammered for it. 

if those who set the standards fall badly short themselves then something needs to happen other than sweeping it under the table. 

8 minutes ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

It’s got nothing to do with ‘who would take over the role’. That’s just a nonsense statement. 

its an unforgivable and unfathomable mistake and one that may well have gone unnoticed had the club not highlighted it. 

there needs to be an expected level of good governance otherwise what is the point? 

Clubs make basic and sometimes understandable admin errors and they are absolutely hammered for it. 

if those who set the standards fall badly short themselves then something needs to happen other than sweeping it under the table. 

"unforgivable and unfathomable mistake"

Really? 

Was it swept below the table?

I think they held their hands up and admitted that it was their mistake. They also thanked Petershill for their honesty.

I think they will have learned something from this and other than the embarrassment they will be feeling, I'm not sure what you actually want them to do.

All of them to walk away immediately?

Walk around with a crown of thorns on their heads?

Get an 'I made a blunder' tattoo on their foreheads?

As I said - "Get a grip."

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So someone, whoever, makes a minor mistake with a cup draw and all of a sudden its the biggest crisis to ever hit the west of scotland. Honestly simmer down. 

Yep, supposedly well run organisations don't hound their people out the door for an honest and completely correctable mistake (well, not at the first offence stage anyway).  Good governance is about improving things when your existing processes are shown to be pish, which I'm certain they will.

Just now, Shanner said:

Yep, supposedly well run organisations don't hound their people out the door for an honest and completely correctable mistake (well, not at the first offence stage anyway).  Good governance is about improving things when your existing processes are shown to be pish, which I'm certain they will.

Its a bit like referees, if you hound people for mistakes no one will want to do it and its not like its a compulsory job. Hold the hands up, learn from it, become better and move on. No harm done.

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its a bit like referees, if you hound people for mistakes no one will want to do it and its not like its a compulsory job. Hold the hands up, learn from it, become better and move on. No harm done.

Agreed. It's still comedy gold though. An absolute minter.

38 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

My belief is that you are Mr. Matt Bamford. 

Just saying.

He has enough shit to deal with without coming on here.

He isn't even on our own forum.

But then you seem to subscribe to conspiracy theories.

1 minute ago, clansman said:

He has enough shit to deal with without coming on here.

He isn't even on our own forum.

But then you seem to subscribe to conspiracy theories.

Where would the conspiracy be in that? 

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Where would the conspiracy be in that? 

The one that Clydebank thrown cup ties to concentrate on the league started by the multiple man which you stated was correct.

1 minute ago, clansman said:

The one that Clydebank thrown cup ties to concentrate on the league started by the multiple man which you stated was correct.

That's not what I said. Read it again please.

Anyway, going back to what you said in the last post, I bet you 10p Mr. Bamford reads on here.

36 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So someone, whoever, makes a minor mistake with a cup draw and all of a sudden its the biggest crisis to ever hit the west of scotland. Honestly simmer down. 

If this was the SJFA you would be pointing and laughing (rightly so btw) and calling for Alex McDowall to resign (again rightly) but when some of us do the same we are wrong, why’s that?