Premier Suite: the EOS Premier Division 2024-25

image.png.51cf6113c428aee3dc6a98416c6745ae.png

Broxburn becoming the latest EOS side to ascend leaves a fairly open field in the race to follow them, and the promoted sides will be looking to make an impact alongside the likes of Musselburgh, Jeanfield and Dunbar in that race. Down the wrong end Glenrothes and Luncarty did well to stay up last time - interesting to note that with Whitburn these are the only odd clubs out in a division which is otherwise now fully licensed. Edinburgh University having toiled badly in LL hope to avoid the fates of Preston, Hawick, Whitehill, Vale of Leithen, etc. Exciting and dramatic campaign ahead.

Opening fortnight:

image.thumb.png.184502e9dd950831027b3935f5462a80.png

Festive derbies:

image.thumb.png.b9a06ab51db451635bae6708b685fc97.png

Closing fortnight:

image.thumb.png.2f208f82a0e11dd06f498fcfdcab2afd.png

I’m a bit disappointed that our first ever season in the Premier league starts with two games against teams we played last season.

Won’t really feel like we are in the top flight.

On 10/07/2024 at 23:43, patriot1 said:

I’m a bit disappointed that our first ever season in the Premier league starts with two games against teams we played last season.

Won’t really feel like we are in the top flight.

The 6 points will soften the blow 😉

Is it just me or do the fixtures get set so that potential league deciders are placed at the end of the season?  I recall when we (Penicuik) had our good spell we had games against Linlithgow, Tranent and Mussy at the end.  Now it’s Mussy, Jeanfield, Dunbar and Sauchie all paired up for potentially exciting run-ins.   I also note that we end with Luncarty, so hope it’s not a prediction for a relegation decider 🤦

3 hours ago, norwichbobby said:

Is it just me or do the fixtures get set so that potential league deciders are placed at the end of the season?  I recall when we (Penicuik) had our good spell we had games against Linlithgow, Tranent and Mussy at the end.  Now it’s Mussy, Jeanfield, Dunbar and Sauchie all paired up for potentially exciting run-ins.   I also note that we end with Luncarty, so hope it’s not a prediction for a relegation decider 🤦

Well if you think you'll be challenging you'll need to up your game big time if watching last Saturday has anything to do wi it and I know it's only pre season. 

10 hours ago, norwichbobby said:

I also note that we end with Luncarty, so hope it’s not a prediction for a relegation decider

Erm... Let just wait and see! Rebuild job is going decent so far so I will be cool with midtable obscurity

6 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Well if you think you'll be challenging you'll need to up your game big time if watching last Saturday has anything to do wi it and I know it's only pre season. 

Wheesht you, we're 10-0 since then! 😉

Edited by Spyro

Went up to Perthshire on Saturday when HoB filled in last minute for Luncarty tournament, thought they looked good against Lowland League opposition granted it was only a friendly. 

Also seen Dunbar picked up a win over Cowden, so a pretty decent day for the Prem sides.

• 2 weeks later...

Pace v St Andrews.

A well deserved win for the Pace and could have been more than two against our old foes Saints today at Westfield.

A very physical Saints side were put to the sword by goals from Kelly and Anderson, final ball letting Pace down on numerous occasions along with poor finishing helped a 10 man Saints side escape a bit of a doing.

Saints were lucky to get off the park with 10 men, their number 15 should have gone early in the game for a horrific tackle on Colley who was lucky to remain uninjured, a straight red all day long.

Pace huffed and puffed in the first half, but a goal from the spot and a smart finish from Anderson won the 3 points.

A great start at home in the Premier league, midweek at Oakley in the cup followed by a trip to Penicuik next Sat.

Mon the Pace  

Only one team in Penicuik today. Tried to make it a game of it by wasting chances and allowing a sloppy goal but the result was never really in doubt.

Penicuik looked reslly good but disappointed in Dunipace, expected more from them.

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Only one team in Penicuik today. Tried to make it a game of it by wasting chances and allowing a sloppy goal but the result was never really in doubt.

Penicuik looked reslly good but disappointed in Dunipace, expected more from them.

Thought that we went through a spell of picking the opposite decision to what would have worked. This helped Dunipace get back into the game.

12 minutes ago, Dicko23 said:

Thought that we went through a spell of picking the opposite decision to what would have worked. This helped Dunipace get back into the game.

We wasted a lot of chances, don't think they realised how open they were in the last 1/3 and had a lot more time and space then they thought. If Mbewe knew how good a player he actually is, he could have scored a couple himself. The lad just needs to believe in his own ability more and stop overcomplicating things for himself. He was unplayable and had their defence on ice all game

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

We wasted a lot of chances, don't think they realised how open they were in the last 1/3 and had a lot more time and space then they thought. If Mbewe knew how good a player he actually is, he could have scored a couple himself. The lad just needs to believe in his own ability more and stop overcomplicating things for himself. He was unplayable and had their defence on ice all game

Is that the same Mbewe that spent time on loan with Blackburn from Livvy?