Highland League 2024-25

32 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

With big Dunc willing to work for free and being the first to be punted I really do fear for ICT

My guess is either he wasn't prepared to keep working without a wage indefinitely, or the deal was that he would be made good later and he's now a creditor.

He was probably on a much bigger contract than they need for a manager in L1. I wouldn't read too much into him being let go.

Edited by GordonS

7 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

With big Dunc willing to work for free and being the first to be punted I really do fear for ICT

Big Dunc will get paid in full for the term of his contract, before any other creditors, unless ICT are liquidated. The football authorities insist on that if ICT are going to continue in Scottish football. 

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Big Dunc will get paid in full for the term of his contract, before any other creditors, unless ICT are liquidated. The football authorities insist on that if ICT are going to continue in Scottish football. 

That depends on whether his contract has a break clause of any sort - they're clearly not going to have to pay more than if they sacked him in normal circumstances. It also wouldn't have to be "before any other creditors".

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That depends on whether his contract has a break clause of any sort - they're clearly not going to have to pay more than if they sacked him in normal circumstances. It also wouldn't have to be "before any other creditors".

I'm sure Gardiner took great delight in stating that Ferguson had signed a 3 year deal with no break clauses when his appointment was announced.