El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

I would like to renounce my Dutch supporting ways and just say this. 

Spain a great bunch of lads. Although I do fear for the plastic patio furniture in your holiday resorts. 

Unfortunately Spain don't have their name on the trophy...sometimes the (worst) stars just allign in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They are winning this. Statistically speaking, it was always likely to happen. But it just makes ye laugh that after all the players they have salivated over the years about, it’s a bunch of middle of the league jobbers fae Palace and Everton that will win them it. 
Two choices now. Make peace with it and accept that it was going to happen in your lifetime, or cry and tantrum about it, which doesn’t help.

What I like about Spain is that not only have their young wingers shown up in a massive way, they are backed up by a surprise package in Ruiz and the best holding midfielder in world football (by a long way)

Defensively they are sound, full backs have been outstanding and Carvajal and Le Normand should be well rested. They are pretty much the full package, which is surprising considering how little they were talked about pre-tournament.

They've been the best team to watch by a mile, they haven't had to rely on penalties and the whole squad near enough has made an impact. If the trophy was given out for the best footballing team, then it would be a no-contest.

However, how many times do you see the best team in the tournament lose to a team who shitfest their way to the trophy. It just has that feeling for me

Well, I've put my money where my mouth is by placing a wager on Spain to win. Hopefully it has the same outcome when I did the same three years ago.

Rodri and Ruiz have been brilliant in this tournament. Best central midfielders at Euro 24.

I expect them to dominate the midfield and for England to play with a flat back five with their wingback being pulled back.

Williams and Yamal have been the best attacking players, by a country mile.

Edited by Chripper

1 minute ago, buchan30 said:

They are winning this. Statistically speaking, it was always likely to happen. But it just makes ye laugh that after all the players they have salivated over the years about, it’s a bunch of middle of the league jobbers fae Palace and Everton that will win them it. 

1 Bayern Munich player

1 Real Madrid player (champions league winner)

3 man city players (all champions league winners)

2 Arsenal players (inc. £100m player)

1 Newcastle player (la liga winner)

1 Man Utd academy graduate (fa cup winner)

Guehi won't be at Crystal Palace for long but apart from that he's a bit of an outlier given the above.

This squad is absolutely stacked with talent and it's mental to suggest otherwise

8 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Two choices now. Make peace with it and accept that it was going to happen in your lifetime, or cry and tantrum about it, which doesn’t help.

Striving for a), while veering towards b)

2 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

1 Bayern Munich player

Guehi won't be at Crystal Palace for long but apart from that he's a bit of an outlier given the above.

This squad is absolutely stacked with talent and it's mental to suggest otherwise

That's just the first 11 btw, the bench is teeming with quality as well. Watkins and Palmer have 65 premier league goals and assists between them last season alone

2 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

1 Bayern Munich player

Neither will Eberechi Eze who’s played well off the bench. They’ve got 4 Palace players in the squad but two of them haven’t been anywhere near getting any game time.

The real outlier of the guys who’ve played significant minutes for them is Pickford but he’s always been a player who saves his best performances for the international game. He’s not good enough at playing out from the back to be at a top club.

Man for man England are as good as the Spanish if not better, but I can’t see Southgate having the beating of De La Fuente for tactics.

Pickford < Simon

Walker = Carvajal

Stones > Le Normand

Guehi > Laporte (Controversial, but he’s been brilliant this tournament and Laporte is on the back nine of his career)

Trippier/Shaw < Cucurella (Cucurella has been brilliant this tournament)

Rice < Rodri

Mainoo < Ruiz

Saka < Yamal

Bellingham > Olmo

Foden > Williams

Kane > Morata 

5-5 draw with one tie 

1 minute ago, JS_FFC said:

Man for man England are as good as the Spanish if not better, but I can’t see Southgate having the beating of De La Fuente for tactics.

Pickford < Simon

Walker = Carvajal

Stones > Le Normand

Guehi > Laporte (Controversial, but he’s been brilliant this tournament and Laporte is on the back nine of his career)

Trippier/Shaw < Cucurella (Cucurella has been brilliant this tournament)

Rice < Rodri

Mainoo < Ruiz

Saka < Yamal

Bellingham > Olmo

Foden > Williams

Kane > Morata 

5-5 draw with one tie 

You got these wrong way round

Bellingham > Olmo

Foden > Williams

14 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Well, I've put my money where my mouth is by placing a wager on Spain to win. Hopefully it has the same outcome when I did the same three years ago.

Spain lost in the semis 3 years ago

I can only see one outcome here. The same thing is going to happen as it did 3 years ago.

England's luck will run out.

I banked on it happening three years ago and I'm banking on it now.

England are very well organised and Gareth Southgate is getting everything out of the squad but Spain are far superior.

It'll probably be 2-0 to Spain.

Edited by Chripper