El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

I honestly don’t remember the “well I’ll be supporting England” thing being as prominent up here before Indy ref. I think it’s completely broken some people who can’t bear to be associated with any aspect of Scottish identity since 2014.

Liquidation + the concept of independence becoming mainstream has embittered a large section of the you know what’s.

1 hour ago, Binos said:

Well known London tartan army t-shirt been running for decades 

It's tongue in cheek,  try to not get wound up by it

It doesn’t wind me up it just makes me feel deep embarrassment. Much like seeing someone wearing a t-shirt that says “if found please return to the pub!!” on a stag weekend. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The people who own The (pro Independent) National also own The (very pro Union) Herald and they are described as ‘sister papers’.

I wouldn’t take anything either of these publications say on any subject very seriously.

They share the same canteen, it's an utterly cynical exercise. Local papers in Scotland outsell them by a huge margin.

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

If England win will there be a rampaging mob of the Loyal charging through Glesca leaving a trail of jobbies and broken windaes?

Will be the exact same people that came to george square on indyref day after,  looking for a rammy

I bet it was a member of the tartan army who tried to assassinate trump yesterday as an attempt to deflect away from Englands game tonight.

19 hours ago, Cheese said:

Undoubtedly one of the best things about ABE is that it upsets the absolute worst people on both sides of the border.

I don’t think this is the case. During the 2010 World Cup I remember a local hillbilly draped an ABE flag on a well known local monument (I won’t say where exactly) but a few folk objected as a sign that basically says “f**k England” might not be the best look for a community that has a lot of English people living in it and a tourism industry that will be thriving at the time of year a World Cup will be on. It certainly got very ugly  and it wasn't the worst people getting upset about it iirc just fairly rational people losing their shit over a flag. This was before Indy ref as well so these feelings are going to be even more poignant today.

If England win today it’s going to be awful on the goading front. I expect full scale riots in Scottish cities with dozens of deaths.

I’m watching BBC News, well I say watching it, it’s on in the background. Seeing the England fans on telly isn’t making me warm to them. The TV have a knack of only filming absolute bellends.