Scottish Cup Draws

Clydebank to go through comfortably for me and Auchinleck with a wee bit of effort.Meadow perhaps and Threave not.
Just wish we were still in it but well beaten by Darvel on the day so no complaints.
As for shocks for me Darvel beating Aberdeen is the biggest ever.The Dons generally I think acknowledge d as the third biggest side in Scotland put out by a small Village side from Ayrshire-albeit one which with money had built a strong team!

2 hours ago, clansman said:

The bookies even though we are playing a team a tier above, away from home, with a shitload of travel to get there and that's without taking into account the other factors I mentioned.

Clydebank and Auchinleck are odds on with the bookies to advance the other two are heavily favoured to lose. 

Meadow would be my dark horse. They are at home, will have a big support and Colts have been struggling. 

Meadow are playing Civil Service Strollers

2 hours ago, clansman said:

The bookies even though we are playing a team a tier above, away from home, with a shitload of travel to get there and that's without taking into account the other factors I mentioned.

Clydebank and Auchinleck are odds on with the bookies to advance the other two are heavily favoured to lose. 

Meadow would be my dark horse. They are at home, will have a big support and Colts have been struggling. 

Its Civil Service Strollers that Meadow are playing.

Medda vs Civil Service is an interesting one. Civil Service even by LL standards Strollers are a modest club & generally have had one of the smallest budgets in the league but have punched above their weight more often than not. Finished 7th last season above the likes of Linlithgow, Albion Rovers & Cowdenbeath.

Edited by GNU_Linux

2 hours ago, ATFC said:

I have a sort of grudging respect for Clydebank which is about as positive as I'm likely to get about a rival side.

Yeese are having a very good season and it seems like the things that were lacking before have been put right. If you go out tomorrow I'll be shocked but only one team losing is likely to shit upon my weekend feel good factor and that is the Bot.

(*I also like to see rob roy lose but I rarely mention that on here). 

I like Tucker and also have a grudging respect for Talbot.

Well run club with a decent ground.

Tucker always comes up for a cup of tea after the game win or lose.Unlike a nearby club who sulk off in the huff…

3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Medda vs Civil Service is an interesting one. Civil Service even by LL standards Strollers are a modest club & generally have had one of the smallest budgets in the league but have punched above their weight more often than not. Finished 7th last season above the likes of Linlithgow, Albion Rovers & Cowdenbeath.

We’ve also been drawn away to them in the South Challenge Cup.

Expecting an extremely tough game tomorrow with CSS massive favourites but confidence at Meadow Park is as high as it’s been in a couple of years after good wins against Gala Fairydean and Renfrew.

As they say, it’s cup football and you just never know.

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

I dared you as well. Chicken!

I know. Sigh.

I do miss the days circa 2018 when we'd get tedious types wanting Stranraer to win against a former junior side, the pyramid etc. And silly people saying "junior thickos", as if that made them cleverer.

Edited by Josuke Higashikata

2 minutes ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

I know. Sigh.

I do miss the days circa 2018 when we'd get tedious types wanting Stranraer to win against a former junior side, the pyramid etc. And silly people saying "junior thickos", as if that made them cleverer.

regardless of how this one ends up it proves how absolutely cut-throat the early rounds of the Scottish are since the expansion to include Junior teams and all that's happened since. 

Games like this are exactly the kick up the arse teams at the lower end of the league system deserve as they hide behind the protection of a ludicrously limited promotion and relegation system that protects them from the existential hell of trying to fight their way back into League 2 if they go down.