Scottish Cup Draws

On 01/09/2024 at 19:45, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Think  Carluke are guaranteed a minimum £2000 for making through yesterdays round and they will receive a big traveling expenses from the SFA and half the attendance money and if they win next one then an even bigger prize but this time, Buckie Thistle are way harder  but every year from now on its an adventure and they will make money each time so I'm sure it was a brill time and can imagine the bus going home must have been a brill experience.

Imagine Carluke getting to the fourth or fifth round, Ok I'm dreaming but that would be amazing 😃

On 01/09/2024 at 20:23, Stormrelic said:

Think it's a maximum of £600 for travelling expenses so not massive when the bus costs between £1500 - £2000 ,I'm sure we will do our best to get in the next round .

Had a wee check and was cutting Carluke short for money 🤑
I have also added last years payment per team per round for the two team involved in a televised game.

Last year if you were put out of the Scottish Cup in the preliminary round you received    £    2,200
                                                                                                    TV Money Payment per team
Round 1 exit was                        £    5,000                              £       1,500
Round 2 exit was                       £    6,500                              £       2,250
Round 3 exit was                       £    9,500                              £       3,500
Round 4 exit was                       £   19,500                              £     24,000
Round 5 exit was                       £   47,250                             £     24,000
Round 6 exit was                       £  102,000                             £     24,000
Semis     exit was                       £  177,000                              £    60,000
Runner Up    was                        £ 292,000                             £   125,000
Winner                                          £ 352,000                             £   125,000

|So this season I expect it to be more and I'm sure the travelling expenses have also changed to great and sure its well over £600 but will try and find out.

Right now Carluke reached the first round, they are guaranteed at least £5,000 if they lose in that round

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Not gonna join the stitch up chat, but i thought i was watching a game of nihilist bingo not the draw of the first round of Scotlands biggest sports cup. Honestly you could cut the anticipation with a knife. 

It did take ages,  think it was that they had the same guy pulling out the home and away balls   🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Stormrelic said:

Think it's a maximum of £600 for travelling expenses so not massive when the bus costs between £1500 - £2000 ,I'm sure we will do our best to get in the next round .

Did you ever imagine you would be on here complaining about going to Buckie for a Scottish Cup tie. 😄😄

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

WoSFL have been well stitched up with that draw. Only Clydebank drawn at home.

Hi Jim you have now set a new standard for the frankly embarrassing West attitude of some folk to football.  The sense of entitlement and compete lack of appreciation of the big picture is awesome. 

This is the actual Scottish Cup, that means Clubs anywhere in Scotland get the chance to compete against each other . Sort of the point I think. 

To view a random draw as something that is negative to one part of the set up is pathetic. 

11 minutes ago, ekok said:

Hi Jim you have now set a new standard for the frankly embarrassing West attitude of some folk to football.  The sense of entitlement and compete lack of appreciation of the big picture is awesome. 

This is the actual Scottish Cup, that means Clubs anywhere in Scotland get the chance to compete against each other . Sort of the point I think. 

To view a random draw as something that is negative to one part of the set up is pathetic. 

Seriously? Think you've read far too much into a fairly innocuous observation about the luck of the draw. 

Sorry no, this is just one example of the attitude of some people and Clubs to the bigger world of football. 

Obviously you understand a random draw. The fact that Jim somehow sees that from a singular WOSFL perspective makes my point I would say.

That attitude pervades through to many of the moans about the Pyramid etc. The world does not start and end with what used to be , we are where we are and maybe the future would be better accepting that,

1 hour ago, ekok said:

I was obviously kidding on pal. Calm Doon!

37 minutes ago, ekok said:

Sorry no, this is just one example of the attitude of some people and Clubs to the bigger world of football. 

Obviously you understand a random draw. The fact that Jim somehow sees that from a singular WOSFL perspective makes my point I would say.

That attitude pervades through to many of the moans about the Pyramid etc. The world does not start and end with what used to be , we are where we are and maybe the future would be better accepting that,

I think he was kidding? But in fairness this is the wosl forum and hes talking about the draw from a west perspective?

58 minutes ago, ekok said:

Even if you are correct about some within the WOSFL not being too keen on the pyramid(and if you are, I don't think it applies in this case regardless), the almost universal view is surely that entry into the senior Scottish Cup is a good thing for all clubs? 

You're getting yourself all worked up over something that just isn't there. 

1 hour ago, ekok said:

I hadn't read this one before I wrote for you to calm doon. Imagine getting yourself into a state like that, Helen.

Surprise result of the weekend for me was the comfortable 3-1 win for Darvel over Pollok. Maxi going by the Pollok twitter feed is a man under pressure. I don't bet on football but would have taken Pollok all day long. 

In terms of the draw for round one, WoS teams have had fairly decent draws except Talbot who have a tough away game to Albion Rovers and also Cumnock who have an overnight (I would assume) to Brora. The rest of the WoS teams I think will be fairly happy with their draw. 

For me the eye catching tie of the round is Albion Rovers v Auchinleck, I wouldn't be surprised to see that being the televised game of the round. 

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

Surprise result of the weekend for me was the comfortable 3-1 win for Darvel over Pollok. Maxi going by the Pollok twitter feed is a man under pressure. I don't bet on football but would have taken Pollok all day long. 

In terms of the draw for round one, WoS teams have had fairly decent draws except Talbot who have a tough away game to Albion Rovers and also Cumnock who have an overnight (I would assume) to Brora. The rest of the WoS teams I think will be fairly happy with their draw. 

For me the eye catching tie of the round is Albion Rovers v Auchinleck, I wouldn't be surprised to see that being the televised game of the round. 

For many Lok fans after the 8-2 doing by Queens Park Darvel beating us comfortably wasn’t a big surprise.Our two strikers haven’t scored a single goal between them this season and don’t look like doing so anytime soon and both of our goalkeepers are bombscares so we are seriously poor at the moment.

Edited by Lokloyal

Just now, Lokloyal said:

For many Lok fans after the 8-2 doing by Queens Park Darvel beating us comfortably wasn’t a big surprise.Our two strikers haven’t scored a single goal between them this season and don’t look like doing so anytime soon so we are seriously poor at the moment.

Big question, if he goes who replaces him? Doubt McInally would be welcomed back although I think he could be the man for the job. 

Is there a budget to improve the squad?

1 minute ago, leaguereformer said:

Big question, if he goes who replaces him? Doubt McInally would be welcomed back although I think he could be the man for the job. 

Is there a budget to improve the squad?

It’s a big question but there is no way the club would have Tony M back after what he put Lok through.Even though as a coach he would I am sure improve things.

Dont think there is any budget unless players are sold and the cash used for replacements.

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

It’s a big question but there is no way the club would have Tony M back after what he put Lok through.Even though as a coach he would I am sure improve things.

Dont think there is any budget unless players are sold and the cash used for replacements.

It would be interested to see who they would go for, I personally didnt think McInally would be an option but don't know the ins and outs. 

I know there were rumours when Kennedy was at Darvel that he was interested in the Pollok job. Certainly a club with far more potential than EK ever will have however do you need the general circus around the club that they bring?

I feel Maxi hasn't improved the club in recent years, they will still be one of the higher wage payers