Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

17 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

The thing with giving away free tickets to young kids is that many of them will grow up as Dundee United fans. I can understand why Dundee fans are so obsessed with this considering that there is likely be more 'DAB's' around in the future to put up with and probably pissed off at their own club's incomptetence at not offering a similar scheme.

Agreed. It’s a no brainer and we should be offering tickets out to children like confetti. I think we’re seeing the fruition of that for utd now. Coupled with us being pish for the last few decades. Really need to invest in youth.  Every club in Scotland bar a few have thousands of empty seats. Fill them with kids for free. The reality is that the seats remain empty and kids who you can entice with free tickets won’t be attending anyway. It just makes perfect business sense. It’s win-win, absolutely nothing to lose as far as I can see. 

Edited by Liam899

8 hours ago, ShedruleFTD83 said:

A lot of teams got big crowds after the war, Dundee were averaging 3-4 k pre war then figures like that just after it, was a brief era where crowd's were sky high, even Utd were 5 figures in the second tier 

United best is 12,830 late eighties

More relevant 

Dee 12th in prem 21/22 - 5900

Utd 12th in prem 22/23 - 9300 (6th in spfl)

Dee 1st in champ 22/23 - 4800

Utd 1st in champ 23/24 - 8400 (6th in spfl)

🥂

Why do you still have a photo of a rapist as your avatar?

3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Great era for music.

moza.gif.027293a93f649d07ec6551438c3556b9.gif

Thank you.

It was that, though Morrissey not my cup of tea. It was pretty good for football in the city too! To be fair I'm getting to the age where most things were better in the past.

In football chat, I'm looking forward to the derby, a big crowd for first game of the season, just wish it was 3pm on a Saturday.

I'm hoping our season replicates last year in that we were poor in the League Cup but we're at it, mostly, once the league started. Hopefully a couple of the rumoured signings are in place in plenty of time for the derby. Who knows what Sunday will bring, I want a win for United of course, but would be happy enough with a draw. 🤞for a good game.

5 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

It was that, though Morrissey not my cup of tea. It was pretty good for football in the city too! To be fair I'm getting to the age where most things were better in the past.

In football chat, I'm looking forward to the derby, a big crowd for first game of the season, just wish it was 3pm on a Saturday.

I'm hoping our season replicates last year in that we were poor in the League Cup but we're at it, mostly, once the league started. Hopefully a couple of the rumoured signings are in place in plenty of time for the derby. Who knows what Sunday will bring, I want a win for United of course, but would be happy enough with a draw. 🤞for a good game.

Yeah, we had a great side in the mid 80's as well.

18 hours ago, ShedruleFTD83 said:

A lot of teams got big crowds after the war, Dundee were averaging 3-4 k pre war then figures like that just after it, was a brief era where crowd's were sky high, even Utd were 5 figures in the second tier 

United best is 12,830 late eighties

More relevant 

Dee 12th in prem 21/22 - 5900

Utd 12th in prem 22/23 - 9300 (6th in spfl)

Dee 1st in champ 22/23 - 4800

Utd 1st in champ 23/24 - 8400 (6th in spfl)

🥂

Uniteds best .average 12,830.

Dundees best average 24,500. 

Doubt these are gonna ever change. 

22 hours ago, ShedruleFTD83 said:

A bit of a bold statement so thought I'd check the archives for accuracy. In the 10 years before the war Dundee's lowest average crowd was 5,450. Next worst was 5,764. For the remaining 8 years they averaged over 11K twice, 10K three times, 9K twice and 8K once. 

As far as figures just after the war, the first season Dundee were in action (in the B Division) they averaged 17,436. This was followed by average gates in the next 2 seasons of 23,359 then 30,067 when they finished runners up to Rangers 

DAB in talking pish shock!!

35 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Dundee had big crowds before half their support became United fans

That's the point I made.

It's true unfortunately but also sums up the DABs and why theyre an all round embarassment.

Thank you.

So the chat about Dundee fans only getting 1500 tickets was pish then, given they've got both Jerry Kerr and Fair Play stands reserved.

Albeit they may only sell around 1500 tickets anyway since they're unhappy about the price, so might be more home tickets up for grabs later.

This attendance talk really is the epitome of the bald men and comb analogy.

One thing I do know is that the more vocal DABs on here generally go missing like a Lancashire teenager attending a rave in Tenerife when things get tough.