Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

53 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

This is probably the first season in decades where Dundee have an edge over us

The first season since last season, aye?

2 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

This is probably the first season in decades where Dundee have an edge over us and the better manager so enjoy this moment while it lasts. I'm loving all the smug comments at the minute as it just provides more ammunition. 

Once the season starts and we have a proper team in place ready for the top league then things can change very quickly and I'm looking forward to seeing how we do but we definitely have nothing to be shiteing ourselves about against the BNB's.

You're welcome.

Decades? 2015 was hardly decades ago? We’ve hardly been in the same league since then through how shite both teams have been. 

35 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Decades? 2015 was hardly decades ago? We’ve hardly been in the same league since then through how shite both teams have been. 

I've erased that season from my memory

21 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Regardless very harsh as others have said of your thoughts on him.

He's been very good on the ball, can move the ball well going forward but he hasn't really been tested defensively so jury is out atm. Plus he's playing out in RWB where I don't think he will be starting unless we don't sign another RWB. 

Harsh, generous, all opinions.

He's been tested defensively against lower league teams and hasn't looked good. Maybe he'll step up against Premiership teams.

13 hours ago, Liam899 said:

15 hours ago, RawB93 said:

The first season since last season, aye?

14 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Obviously meaning with the two teams being in the same league

roasting Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

Edited by hk blues

Surprised there are United supporters who are worried going into a match against the wee team. Its Dundee we are playing ffs, not Real Madrid 🤣

4 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Surprised there are United supporters who are worried going into a match against the wee team. Its Dundee we are playing ffs, not Real Madrid 🤣

Extra Terrestrial Ufo GIF by DefyTV

25 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

I don’t see anyone worried, I see Arabs who think that at this moment Dundee might have the upper hand.  Losing the derby is one of the worst feelings in football, I certainly don’t want to experience it.

23 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I have a feeling the quality of the game will be even worse than the quality of this thread

Depends what you're looking for in the game, there was plenty of quality at the Euros but unless Spain were playing it was generally like watching paint dry.

Given the blood and thunder nature of a derby, and the fact both teams are good going forward and questionable defensively, I'd suggest we have a chance of seeing more goals than the 6-2s and could even trouble our 7-3, which I believe is the record.

Narrator: "This is exactly what did not happen".

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t see anyone worried, I see Arabs who think that at this moment Dundee might have the upper hand.  Losing the derby is one of the worst feelings in football, I certainly don’t want to experience it.

Yeah not a great feeling. Thankfully it doesnt happen to us that often

Calling it now - some c**t will get carried away and sent off in first half and will lead to a scrappy game with a late winner for the team with 11 men..

The sending off will likely be controversial as f**k and a ref/VAR f**k up. 

This could be either team - Dundee overall are better than Utd at the moment - certainly on paper. 

Dundee are not that much better than utd that it will be a procession even if we play at our very best so we are likely all (Dees and DABs alike) in for a stressful as f**k 90mins

47 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Yeah not a great feeling. Thankfully it doesnt happen to us that often

That will be of no consolation if you lose on Sunday.  

46 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Calling it now - some c**t will get carried away and sent off in first half and will lead to a scrappy game with a late winner for the team with 11 men..

The sending off will likely be controversial as f**k and a ref/VAR f**k up. 

This could be either team - Dundee overall are better than Utd at the moment - certainly on paper. 

Dundee are not that much better than utd that it will be a procession even if we play at our very best so we are likely all (Dees and DABs alike) in for a stressful as f**k 90mins

There isn't much in it, Dundee should be the favourites though but aye it will be stressful as f**k either way. Both defences are pretty minging but at least Dundee have the stronger central midfield area which can offer more protection to their CB's. There should be a lot of spaces to exploit for each team though. 

Genuinely getting more excited about our team now, our left hand side is looking very good with Ferry and Trap in there who have got a great understanding already, a lot of our goals will come down this side this season. Our right hand side is not looking too great and Dundee will be looking to expose this area of the pitch. Babunski already looks a quality player and a leader, he will have a big impact on this game. Our new dutchman Sande looks to be an upgrade on Watt, decent technique on the ball and can hold the ball up well but I'm not sure how Goodwin will fit him in along with Fotheringham and Moult, two of those will have to drop out.

It's defensively where we are very light, I can see Seve being put into the CM role along with Sibbald due to the lack of match fitness with Odada which leaves Gallagher, Holt, Graham and Cleall-Harding as the CB's currently which Dundee will have a field day with no matter who starts. We could really do with bringing in a commanding CB before this game. 

Edited by Butters Scotch