Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

I’ve got to admit I was nowhere near as happy as some Dundee fans when Simon Murray signed for us.  I know it’s only the first game of the league campaign but it’s already evident he is going to be a very important player for us this season.  Tireless running that became more evident as the game wore on.

Tiffoney was excellent when he came on, as was Mulligan. 

The fact we dominated possession so easily in an away fixture this early in the season is also very encouraging.

22 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Not sute what your issue is exactly but you're like a fly on shite to every post I make on here, you are the one that's embarrassing mate😂

You sure about that aye? Not the other way round?

Even if this was the case, I would still prefer to do that than be a bigot.

Edited by johnnydun

Thought the first half was fantastic to watch and from my point of view was great to go in at half time in the lead. 2 great goals from us. The goal against was disappointing as with a bit of composure at the back it may have been avoided.

From a United point of view the 2nd half was a bit disappointing. Had the same complaint last season, why do we sit so far fecking back? We clear it no one wins the 2nd ball and it comes straight back in. It just causes more pressure than necessary and gives the opposition confidence.

Having viewed the Trapanovski chance in the 2nd half after getting home to make sure I hadn't missed anything at the game, I have absolutely no idea why that wasn't a free kick and  a card for McCracken.

Over all a draw was a fair result, but when you are pegged back from a winning position it always feels a poor result. Would have taken a draw before the game so shouldn't feel too bad about it. We still have players to get up to speed so it is a good start and something to build on.

Edited by Tannadeechee
typos

Big test for United which we passed more comfortably than I was expecting. Big upgrade in quality in the team from last season.  Pleased for the new guys coming in. Thought Miller Thomson had a great game, really stepped up.  We looked tired at the end, subs not really making the impact, but a fair result overall. Dundee with some really tidy play as well. If both teams strengthen then the Dundee Derbys will be the ones to watch this season. 

on a side note,  based on the comments in this thread before kick off, good to see that both sets of fans enjoy a healthy lifestyle eating plenty of fibre ensuring regular bowl movements.  Dundee - the healthy city.  

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

I think it’s great to hear different accents in our diverse city.  

F*ck, don’t get all serious on me.

If the both had to order ‘a plain peh and an ingin ane anah’ my money’s on the North Macedonian getting fed and your guy going hungry.

Gotta be relatively happy with the point albeit Trap should’ve sown the game up.

Our new signings are good, but our defence is a liability - that said, could argue Dundee’s was just as bad. Bullied by a Dutchman who isn’t even really a target man and we seemed to create decent opportunities every time we got in the final third.

Butters reminds me of someone I've got muted on Twitter 

On the ignore list he goes when I remember how to do it.

Purely for the crime of calling Graham a carthorse and saying it was him that rushed in for the first Dundee goal.

9 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Having viewed the Trapanovski chance in the 2nd half after getting home to make sure I hadn't missed anything at the game, I have absolutely no idea why that wasn't a free kick and  a card for McCracken.

Probably because he got the shot away, before contact.

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You sure about that aye? Not the other way round?

Even if this was the case, I would still prefer to do that than be a bigot.

Yes positive of that, you definitely have some kind of strange obsession. 

A bigot? Wtf are you on about man, dearie me.

Just now, Butters Scotch said:

Yes positive of that, you definitely have some kind of strange obsession. 

A bigot? Wtf are you on about man, dearie me.

So you didn't get any homophobic posts aimed at me deleted the other night?

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Butters reminds me of someone I've got muted on Twitter 

On the ignore list he goes when I remember how to do it.

Purely for the crime of calling Graham a carthorse and saying it was him that rushed in for the first Dundee goal.

Graham is a carthorse, I mentioned it before the game to you which you disagreed with. Then you proceed to call him a great a defender before that penalty incident (which he is not) which evidence how rash and slow he is. If you cannae see that then I don't know what to say. 

3 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Graham is a carthorse, I mentioned it before the game to you which you disagreed with. Then you proceed to call him a great a defender before that penalty incident (which he is not) which evidence how rash and slow he is. If you cannae see that then I don't know what to say. 

As a young lad he done fantastic in his first season in the premiership. Unfortunate when we got relegated. Done brilliantly during us winning the championship and when played on his preferred side he's a far better option than Holt.

I think evidenced by your poor opinions and your absolute deluded nonsense you've posted at times, there's actually nothing for you to say and best remaining quiet until you've got something worthwhile to contribute.

Edited by ArabianKnight

Point gained for Dundee and 2 lost for United. We rode our luck, particularly in that first half where I thought we were awful to a man - but particularly Sylla and McCowan. First I’ve seen of Ingram also and I really was not impressed with him. 

Second half our changes made a big difference with Tiffoney really making some great runs that brought others in to play. 

Our defending at times was absolutely pathetic.

Edited by Pens_Dark

26 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Tiffoney was excellent when he came on, as was Mulligan. 

The fact we dominated possession so easily in an away fixture this early in the season is also very encouraging.

As an Arab I totally agree with the first part - I'm on record on another thread that Tiffony coming on is the kinda impact sub JG doesn't seem to be able to make. He was the best player in the closing stages.

Possession wise tho i think the fact United were so direct and seemed to have zero interest in playing sideways passes in Defence and Midfield tilted that stat a bit