Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

11 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Probably because he got the shot away, before contact.

Which is a rediculous excuse when you think about it, especially when you see countless free kicks given in games when a player has managed to make the pass he wanted them gets clattered. If he hadn't been taken out he could have chased his shot.

End of the day the result was a fair one and I'll just have to lump it with the decision.

Entertaining game that was low on quality - both defences honking! I predicted a draw beforehand as these games are always a bit erratic with no clear favourite. Utd a wee bit better than I thought they would be. Looks like they have picked up a few good random signings. Dundee definitely seemed to have better options off the bench. Overall i think the teams will finish in a similar position clear of relegation. Great to have the derbies back. By far more exciting than any other matches we have.

What's United's goal music again? Perfect balance of being annoying as f**k as you have to listen to it after you conceded but also then annoyingly stays in your head for the rest of the day.

Falkirk and Amarillo-esque.

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

As a young lad he done fantastic in his first season in the premiership. Unfortunate when we got related. Done brilliantly during us winning the championship and when played on his preferred side he's a far better option than Holt.

I think evidenced by your poor opinions and your absolute deluded nonsense you've posted at times, there's actually nothing for you to say and best remaining quiet until you've got something worthwhile to contribute.

He is 23 so hardly that young of a football player now. I don't dislike him and think he is decent enough but just don't see him as a first choice CB for us and I think most United fans (obviously not you) can see major weaknesses in his game which will get exploited like it did today. We need better. 

You have your opinions but you don't see me calling it deluded nonsense and if you think I have poor opinions and nothing worhtwhile to say then fair enough, I'll take that with a pinch of salt as you obviously get a bit salty when someone offers a differing point of view to your own.

4 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Point gained for Dundee and 2 lost for United. We rode our luck, particularly in that first half where I thought we were awful to a man - but particularly Sylla and McCowan. First I’ve seen of Ingram also and I really was not impressed with him. 

Second half our changes made a big difference with Tiffoney really making some great runs that brought others in to play. 

Our defending at times was absolutely pathetic.

It’s the formation that stank

McCowan was looking for the Ball, Cameron was a passenger 

Tiffoney was fantastic when he came on

4 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

It’s the formation that stank

McCowan was looking for the Ball, Cameron was a passenger 

Tiffoney was fantastic when he came on

You can play whatever formation you want but if your midfielders can’t pass the ball or keep giving it away and your defenders can’t track runners then it really doesn’t matter. We could have played any formation known to man but we were so dog shit in doing the basics right.

7 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

He is 23 so hardly that young of a football player now. I don't dislike him and think he is decent enough but just don't see him as a first choice CB for us and I think most United fans (obviously not you) can see major weaknesses in his game which will get exploited like it did today. We need better. 

You have your opinions but you don't see me calling it deluded nonsense and if you think I have poor opinions and nothing worhtwhile to say then fair enough, I'll take that with a pinch of salt as you obviously get a bit salty when someone offers a differing point of view to your own.

I've been on this forum for years and I've probably had my moments of saltiness but from what I've noticed of you recently (I rarely got into other teams threads, especially not the Dee thread) you probably need to wind your neck in a bit chief.

Strange feeling. I would have taken a draw before the game, but I can't help but feel slightly disappointed. Not sure if it's because United could, maybe should have had a penalty at 2-1, or maybe it was drawing a game we led for so long. 

Anyway, I thought we did well against a team who I was led to believe was some kind of unstoppable force. We were certainly the better side in the first half, although Dundee definitely improved as the game progressed. A good point, and we look pretty decent going forward, but that defence still gives me the absolute fear. We're miles away from being the finished article, but based on what I saw today I think we'll be fine.

Yeah, Dundee looked like a half decent Premiership team, which is what I had expected. Completely overhyped by their fans (natch) but also by a lot of the Scottish media for some reason.

McCowan's clearly a very good player but the other two in their much lauded midfield were nothing special. Murray's a good player now. Much improved since his last spell in the city when he was like a dog chasing a balloon most of the time. Thought Graham dealt with him comfortably enough for most of the game but was exposed for the penalty.  Don't see Dundee going down this season but I'd be very surprised if they manage to sneak into the top six  again. 

Edited by Pull My Strings

I was never a big fan of Ross Graham, always thought he was a penalty waiting to happen when the opposition had a corner or a free kick high up the park.  That said I think he’s improved and right up until the penalty he did very well today against a player who is going to cause a lot of teams problems this season.

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Yeah, Dundee looked like a half decent Premiership team, which is what I had expected. Completely overhyped by their fans (natch) but also by a lot of the Scottish media for some reason.

McCowan's clearly a very good player but the other two in their much lauded midfield were nothing special. Murray's a good player now. Much improved since his last spell in the city when he was like a dog chasing a balloon most of the time. Thought Graham dealt with him comfortably enough for most of the game but was exposed for the penalty.  Don't see Dundee going down this season but I'd be very surprised if they manage to sneak into the top six  again. 

Yeah, Sylla had possibly his most underwhelming performance in a Dee shirt. He was my biggest disappointment of today. Expected him to be taking names but he was well off it. Still got stuck in, but not his usual self. Cameron has a tendency to fall out the game when it's blood and thunder. He needs that wee bit extra time and operates in pockets. Fast tempo games just don't suit him - Mulligan was much more impressive when he came on.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I was never a big fan of Ross Graham, always thought he was a penalty waiting to happen when the opposition had a corner or a free kick high up the park.  That said I think he’s improved and right up until the penalty he did very well today against a player who is going to cause a lot of teams problems this season.

Thought Graham was possibly the best out of your 3 CH's today considering he had to go up against Murray the most. Holt badly needs replaced. Gallagher was meh, but looked considerably better than the last time he faced Dundee for Aberdeen. That Sevelj boy looked a good defender.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, Sylla had possibly his most underwhelming performance in a Dee shirt. He was my biggest disappointment of today. Expected him to be taking names but he was well off it. Still got stuck in, but not his usual self. Cameron has a tendency to fall out the game when it's blood and thunder. He needs that wee bit extra time and operates in pockets. Fast tempo games just don't suit him - Mulligan was much more impressive when he came on.

Thought Graham was possibly the best out of your 3 CH's today considering he had to go up against Murray the most. Holt badly needs replaced. Gallagher was meh, but looked considerably better than the last time he faced Dundee for Aberdeen. That Sevelj boy looked a good defender.

Sevelj looked ropey in the cup games, far better today.

It's maybe petty and irrelevant in the greater scheme of things, but it's mildly pleasing that this result guarantees that Dundee FC will go a full twenty years without a win at Tannadice. 

1 hour ago, MarkoP said:

Tony Doc needs to get over his love affair with 3-5-2

Much like Stevie Clarke at international level decent teams find holes behind your wide centre backs and cause havoc.

Much better with the changes

Thought United defender very lucky to stay on the pitch at the penalty incident but I guess McCracken could have been too.

Being honest United were the better team for long spells 

But Main should have won it for us at the death

Funnily enough I was thinking Dundee played rather Scotland-esque today. Lots of passing it around the back but not a whole lot of movement going on in front of them, until the subs improved things later.

Not a fan of 3 at the back myself either, certainly not with the current CB options.

Well for weeks we have listened to Dees talking about their midfield "suffocating" us then winning it late on with the subs of Tiffoney, hi guys

First half, we were excellent. The Macedonians along with Graham were excellent and VDS up front (who I thought should have been hooked at half time) won header after header without jumping. Dundees defence looked as though it shat it. Deserved United lead

2nd half, Dundee were the better team although, what a chance we had to go 3 - 1 up and game over (need to see it back) 

Overall draw maybe a fair result but on chances created it was United who deserved the win.

The Dundee support in terms of noise is shite!! 

1 minute ago, Glen Scotia said:

Well for weeks we have listened to Dees talking about their midfield "suffocating" us then winning it late on with the subs of Tiffoney, hi guys

First half, we were excellent. The Macedonians along with Graham were excellent and VDS up front (who I thought should have been hooked at half time) won header after header without jumping. Dundees defence looked as though it shat it. Deserved United lead

2nd half, Dundee were the better team although, what a chance we had to go 3 - 1 up and game over (need to see it back) 

Overall draw maybe a fair result but on chances created it was United who deserved the win.

The Dundee support in terms of noise is shite!! 

^^ Butters has logged into Glen's account IMO.