Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Is it 'Tip Top' for the usual pre/post game rumble?

Thank you. 

The old firm board is elsewhere. Anyway, that end of the street is unplayable your kind will need to go to Brechin 

1 hour ago, stu2910 said:

Essentially the midfield. Outside the OF, McCowan and Cameron were 2 of the most creative players in the league and both capable of goals, while Sylla was solid in the middle while technically good too. Against the lesser sides they completely bossed it and were the key reason we were never in a relegation battle. Unfortunately against the best teams they turned in to 2 wee guys and 1 slow guy which just got torn apart.

McCracken is a solid keeper and if the likes of Liam Kelly can get a call up then he’s got to be a future Scotland keeper. Defence is good, though missing 2 of most experienced players, so we are left with 2 very promising young players, a Mexican who’s sometimes great, sometimes erratic and usually both, and a guy who isn’t a centre back. We also have no left back.

Up front, I believe you’re familiar with the ginger guy.

Based on what I've seen of players on both teams, I think Sibbald, Babunski, Ferry, Trap, Strain, Moult would be starting in the current Dundee team.

24 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Based on what I've seen of players on both teams, I think Sibbald, Babunski, Ferry, Trap, Strain, Moult would be starting in the current Dundee team.

Let me get this right:

Sibbald gets in ahead of McCowan ( one of the best players in the league last season), Cameron (Scotland u21 and improving by the month) and Mo Sylla who dominated midfields last season. Minter.

Trapnovski gets in the Dundee side as a winger despite Dundee not playing with wingers. If he takes the LWB role then Ferry plays CB I assume as Strain is on the other side?

Moult ahead of Murray who scored 20+ goals last season in the top flight and Tiffoney who has risen to the top flight demands over time. Moult is unproven since his first stint at Motherwell.

You've based Strain starting ahead of Dundees new RB who looks class on a defeat to Falkirk and 45mins against Stenhousemuir.

The combined team in Dundees formation ahead of this derby (taking into account injuries and lack of fitness for new signings would look like:

McCracken

Ingram Portales Astley McGhee Ferry

McCowan Sylla Cameron

Murray  Tiffoney

Edited by Dundee-FC92

52 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

The old firm board is elsewhere. Anyway, that end of the street is unplayable your kind will need to go to Brechin 

Confused Confusion GIF

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

No point even mentioning Strain.

Out for 4 months raking in the dough from the DABs after they splashed out to get him.

Disaster before a ball is even kicked IMO.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, HulltoonDee said:

Bookies have a team full of Championship level players favs against a top 6 Premier side. Aff their heads. Banker away. No United player would get near the Dees team. 

Posts like this have a habit of aging poorly, and coming back to bite a bit, so glad you popped this on.

As has been previously alluded, one or 2 of our players might just have enough about them to make it into the Dee Dream Team, and with any luck a few of them might  prove themselves worthy come  Half past 3 on Sunday. 

21 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Let me get this right:

Sibbald gets in ahead of McCowan ( one of the best players in the league last season), Cameron (Scotland u21 and improving by the month) and Mo Sylla who dominated midfields last season. Minter.

Trapnovski gets in the Dundee side as a winger despite Dundee not playing with wingers. If he takes the LWB role then Ferry plays CB I assume as Strain is on the other side?

Moult ahead of Murray who scored 20+ goals last season in the top flight and Tiffoney who has risen to the top flight demands over time. Moult is unproven since his first stint at Motherwell.

You've based Strain starting ahead of Dundees new RB who looks class on a defeat to Falkirk and 45mins against Stenhousemuir.

The combined team in Dundees formation ahead of this derby (taking into account injuries and lack of fitness for new signings would look like:

McCracken

McCowan Sylla Cameron

Murray  Tiffoney

FAF so on one hand you're telling me Moult is not proven anymore in the top league so Murray would be ahead of him but then you are putting Ingram in ahead of Strain who has not played a single game in this league yet Strain is undoubtedly proven at this level.

I feel for Dundee fans having to watch Simon Murray for the next three years. I might be wrong on this and he has looked like he improved last season but having watched him for the last so many years, I think he is a poor player. I think it says more about the defences of teams than himself of how he got his goal tally last season. Moult is better technically, proved himself before at Motherwell and if he stays injury free (big if) then I think he could go on to have a decent season for us. He's more than just a goalscorer though, his link up play is excellent. However, we are looking to bring in two new strikers so it remains to be seen if he will be first choice.

The CB positions is a toss up between the Dundee CB's as we have next to nothing in this department. Jury is out on our new Macedonian, on the ball he is very decent but i'm unsure if he will be strong enough to cope with the physicality of the league. Graham is a carthorse (as seen in the Ayr game) as is Gallagher, I am not confident going into the season with these two as first choice. Left back is clearly Ferry and possible toss up at RB if you say what is true about Ingram.

McCracken looks a great goalie and I think Walton is solid who doesn't make too many mistakes but McCracken is first pick here.

The midfield is the most contentious, we have made some very good attacking signings and you can tell they are excellent players. McCowan looks good but I am not as sold on Cameron, seen plenty of players like him before that had a lot of hype and then did very little once they got a bigger move. Sibbald is an underrated player for me, does the simple things well etc. 

A combined team would look like this for me:

McCracken

Strain Portales Astley McGhee (one of these CB's can GTF) Ferry

Sylla Sibbald

McCowan Babunski 

Moult Trap

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Let me get this right:

McCracken

McCowan Sylla Cameron

Murray  Tiffoney

I detailed and accurate construction.

For me Astley is still unproven albeit after a good pre season  - so thought you could maybe stick a DAB in there - then I looked at their options and I’d rather take the risk on an unproven player than the shite they pack the defence with. 

Babunski has potential - but I’d like to see him against a real team first - the people he would need to displace are McCowan and Cameron - who have proven quality at this level - so he’s on the bench and a good option. “Trapadona” another they are moist about but again until the real balls out he represents an unknown - if probably wait until he’d played a real team befor giving him a nickname like that but I’m not a DAB. 

The boy Ferry is a no brainer tbf as we don’t have a left back and apparently he’s been excellent against the Stennys and Ayrs of the world. 

Sibbald can be on the bench to help lace Syllas boots so the big man doesn’t need to bend down. 

Edited by Der Panzer

3 hours ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

No trolling, just curious.  Dundee fans are slagging up the United team saying none of them would get in the Dundee team, least scared they have been about United in years, etc.

Who in the Dundee team is any good?  I mean that seriously, I didn't pay much attention last season and probably couldn't name 11 Dundee players right now.

image.jpeg.56a9e68029b4c359150106822c1453ef.jpeg

As an aside - Tiffoney - who I am not a huge fan of - would be ahead of Trapanovski on the wing - reasons being he’s played teams at this level and shown he is capable if a bit hot and cold.

Trapanovski was apparently excellent vs Stenny but less so against Ayr - so until he jumps to next level we really won’t know. 

18 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

As an aside - Tiffoney - who I am not a huge fan of - would be ahead of Trapanovski on the wing - reasons being he’s played teams at this level and shown he is capable if a bit hot and cold.

Trapanovski was apparently excellent vs Stenny but less so against Ayr - so until he jumps to next level we really won’t know. 

f**k right off with Tiffoney 🤣 and Trap was very good against Ayr

43 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Out for 4 months raking in the dough from the DABs after they splashed out to get him.

Disaster before a ball is even kicked IMO.

Thank you.

Throw in Moult and Docherty as well, their star striker and midfield captain, another pair of crocks.

33 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

f**k right off with Tiffoney 🤣 and Trap was very good against Ayr

To be fair with Tiffoney, he improved massively as the season went on and he moved towards being a second striker. He’s no world beater, but runs his socks off has a knack of bringing just the right amount of chaos. I’d certainly be dropping Main for Murray ahead of Tiffoney.

24 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Throw in Moult and Docherty as well, their star striker and midfield captain, another pair of crocks.

Your pitch missed more games than Moult last season