Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

6 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

There are two Dundee regular posters on here that were on the pitch for the disallowed goal. A tail between the legs moment if ever I saw one.

You can see @Dee Man jumping up in the Shed to ironically celebrate what he thought was a long range shot off the side netting from Johnny Russell, before quickly realising it had actually went straight in the top corner. May have been why he moved to Australia. 

10 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

download(25).jpeg.7553b09d9e0028afa88f3b3a413533ad.jpeg

Gibby82 and Old man Danger at the Apex for Player of the year. Great photo always worth bringing it out.

Thank You.

I’ve never worn a tux in my life and Gibby’s tits are bigger than that.

2 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

You can see @Dee Man jumping up in the Shed to ironically celebrate what he thought was a long range shot off the side netting from Johnny Russell, before quickly realising it had actually went straight in the top corner. May have been why he moved to Australia. 

I love shit like this - the game where El Bakhtoui (spelling) scored that worldy at Dens my DAB pal was in every replay and you can see his expression change about 15 times. 

Glorious. 

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

In the grand scheme of things this result doesn't matter. The end result next May is what matters.

We've had Partick fans creaming their knickers after an opening day win along with other non entities getting excited early on in recent years.

The Dee now have the experience to walk away from defeat here against a side with a higher budget and still carve out a great season. What will be will be in this game but more than confident of finishing above Utd this season.

Thank you.

Absolute bollocks.  Nothing as good in football as winning the derby, nothing as bad as losing.

Also any of us could pop our clogs before next May, some of us more so than others.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I would also say this is not close to being the best Derby in Scotland. Due to the amount of morons who crossed over the road from Dens to Tannadice there's a real lack of bite. At least the Edinburgh and Glasgow sides have a sense of belonging to one club spanning through the generations.

Thank You.

What is this crossing over the road you are talking about? 

2 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

As has been said - you think we are pish but that we will comfortably finish above you? Where does that leave Utd?

Even if we finished 10 points ahead of you at the split I’d not be confident if we were top 6 and you bottom as the league format precludes accurate point split betting. 

I’ve offered you a generous £100 charity bet that we finish above you but you won’t take it - this offer will remain open until the first game kicks off -  so let’s leave it at that.

Whilst I agree the opening game is a horror show for betting on plus there business to be done in advance but my offer remains open even just to add a bit of fun. 

Since your call for me to put my money where my mouth is I feel I have done so - I do however feel you’ve stitched your mouth to your arsehole and are waffling shite to avoid doing the same.

TL:DR? Both bet offers are on the table, you have blatantly shat it,  and are speaking shite to avoid committing any money. 

Thank you 

I dont think Dundee are pish and I've never said this, I was disagreeing with your statements about your feelings about your team though which were a bit extreme.

Dundee clearly are in a better place than us no doubt about it but considering it's a derby, first game of the season and we are at home, I see it as a 50/50 game. It remains to be seen how we do over the course of the season and I don't have much faith in Goodwin so I'll be mad to take you up on your counter offer. The point I was making is you are saying there is quite a sufficient gap between the two teams so I've asked you to put your money where your mouth is on that opinion. 

There's no point going back and forth on this anymore, I offered you a reasonable bet based on your predictions on both teams this season but you have shat the bed here and clearly going back on your previous statements now. 

Thank you.

Edited by Butters Scotch

Have enough derby day experience to know it’s not worth getting cocky about at this stage. We don’t even know what players both clubs will have by then. 
I’m going with quietly optimistic, nothing more. 
The pricing is of course disgraceful however they know the demand for tickets will be high especially given it’s on the opening day of the season when both sets of fans will be full of optimism…
Very much looking forward to the early doors pints and the game itself.

And of course in the spirit of the derby if any Arabs fancy having their pus rearranged before or indeed after the game, open to offers. 

thank you. 

2 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Have enough derby day experience to know it’s not worth getting cocky about at this stage. We don’t even know what players both clubs will have by then. 
I’m going with quietly optimistic, nothing more. 
The pricing is of course disgraceful however they know the demand for tickets will be high especially given it’s on the opening day of the season when both sets of fans will be full of optimism…
Very much looking forward to the early doors pints and the game itself.

And of course in the spirit of the derby if any Arabs fancy having their pus rearranged before or indeed after the game, open to offers. 

thank you. 

Food budgeting tips and offers of plastic surgery; only on P&B.

19 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

, I see it as a 50/50 game.

So a wee £20 charity bet seems appropriate since you brought up money where mouth is? I agree the derby and opening day factor makes this a bit of a lottery. 

Your opinion on Dundee and Utd has had more ups and downs than - well - Dundee and Utd. Consistency is key.

3 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

Agree with this- unfortunately Utd have gone a bit “Old firm”.

I also understand it to an extent - the stand that’s your spiritual home being filled with your hated rivals was a bit of a minter and fans were raging - I would hate handing the Derry to you. It’s just unfortunate only Dundee get this treatment while you’re happy for the other bigger clubs to get the full allocation.

Club takes a bit of a financial hit as it’s never ever sold out as result despite claims to the contrary and means less people overall get to enjoy the spectacle - but more DABs do and if that’s the clubs priority and they are happy to take the hit who can grudge them it.  

There's a demand from home fans for this match, the same demand certainly doesn't exist when the OF visit, in fact it appears many season ticket holders swerve the OF fixtures. Around where I sit, there are often many empty seats at such games which are occupied when it's a run of the mill league match.

That's why you perhaps think United are giving Dundee 'treatment', when it's not actually true. Nonetheless, I'd take the financial hit and limit the Glasgow twins when they visit the ground to smaller allocations, but I don't have to face the financial consequences of such a decision.

54 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

So a wee £20 charity bet seems appropriate since you brought up money where mouth is? I agree the derby and opening day factor makes this a bit of a lottery. 

Your opinion on Dundee and Utd has had more ups and downs than - well - Dundee and Utd. Consistency is key.

Eh I've been consistent all the way through, can't say the same for yourself.

Yeah happy to do the charity bet then since you're too chicken to do the season bet

54 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Eh I've been consistent all the way through, can't say the same for yourself.

Yeah happy to do the charity bet then since you're too chicken to do the season bet

He’s clearly offered you a full season £100 bet and you’ve absolutely shat it.