πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

5 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Interesting, considering β€˜she’ lost to Ireland’s Kellie Harrington in Tokyo’s Olympics, & Amy Broadhurst* in 2022’s World’s! Would be helpful if they could provide conclusive proof of the claim that β€˜she’ is a male; as opposed to that of her opponent quitting & casting aspersions. The Italian wasn’t knocked down/out, to the extent where it looked a total mismatch.

6702B3C9-BCBD-4320-BE60-CEC16B79141C.jpeg

That would mean releasing her medical information wouldn’t it? That’s unlikely to happen.

10 minutes ago, JMDP said:

The IOC said they were victims of a "sudden and arbitrary" decision.

Is Imane Khelif a woman?Β 

I don’t see how they can claim that, the article states it’s on the IOC’s own website that they failed the test and it was done and they were banned last year.Β 

is Khelif a woman? Maybe, I don’t know, I think intersex or a condition that essentially leads them to be intersex is probably more accurate.

The key is actually none of us knows, because it was tested and there are results that suggest not but only the medics, sports boards and Khelif know those results.Β 

Β 

Edited by Jambomo

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

is Khelif a woman? Maybe, I don’t know, I think intersex or a condition that essentially leads them to be intersex is probably more accurate.

Β 

Really sad to read this from someone on here.Β 

7 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Β 

The key is actually none of us knows, because it was tested and there are results that suggest not but only the medics, sports boards and Khelif know those results.Β 

Β 

What do you mean by β€œit”?Β 
How can you know the results suggest not, if only the medics, sports boards and Khelif know the results?

2 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Really sad to read this from someone on here.Β 

Why?

Gender eligibility tests exist, they are a well established test in sport. It’s not some jumped up thing the IVA made up, it’s a proper test and the results are recognised by others including the IOC.

That she failed one brings her gender into question and that is relevant information that you, and others, are willing to ignore in some pursuit of being right or being seen as just? Ignoring facts in favour of your preferred outcome isn’t either right or just.

I don’t know why you think you can shame me in some way by being β€œsad” that I wrote that. I am sad that men won’t try to appreciate how women may feel about this and why they may be upset.Β 

Just now, Rugster said:

What do you mean by β€œit”?Β 
How can you know the results suggest not, if only the medics, sports boards and Khelif know the results?

By it I mean the gender was tested. I (fairly clearly I think) said that neither I nor anyone knows the results for sure, but the IBA banner her on the strength of the test, so they must indicate some question over her biological sex.

11 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Why?

Gender eligibility tests exist, they are a well established test in sport. It’s not some jumped up thing the IVA made up, it’s a proper test and the results are recognised by others including the IOC.

That she failed one brings her gender into question and that is relevant information that you, and others, are willing to ignore in some pursuit of being right or being seen as just? Ignoring facts in favour of your preferred outcome isn’t either right or just.

I don’t know why you think you can shame me in some way by being β€œsad” that I wrote that. I am sad that men won’t try to appreciate how women may feel about this and why they may be upset.Β 

Because it's frankly appalling behaviour to call into question someone who was born a woman and is a woman based on misinformation.Β 

Seeing lots of β€œso you think it’s ok for men to punch women in the face” then from the transphobes on Twitter. Ignoring the fact that she’s a woman, it’s Boxing ffs, that’s quite literally the point of the sport. Not like she’s reached across the lane in the swimming and tried to drown her.Β 

9 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Because it's frankly appalling behaviour to call into question someone who was born a woman and is a woman based on misinformation.Β 

What misinformation? It’s a FACT that she failed a gender eligibility test.

You are the one here that is arguing based on misinformation, by ignoring this relevant point.

I am not going to debate this anymore with you, you are arguing in bad faith. Ignoring information you don’t like and trying to exaggerate points to paint me as intolerant or make me feel shamed in some way.

It is not wrong to question the gender of someone whose gender is currently and has been, in question.Β 

Edited by Jambomo

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

What misinformation? It’s a FACT that she failed a gender eligibility test.

You are the one here that is arguing based on misinformation, by ignoring this relevant point.

I am not going to debate this anymore with you, you are arguing in bad faith. Ignoring information you don’t like and trying to exaggerate points to paint me as intolerant or make me feel shamed in some way.

It is not wrong to question the gender of someone whose gender is currently and has been, in question.Β 

You're completely misinformed on this, I'm afraid and arguing in total bad faith based on ignorance and a preconceived agenda with no interest in the overwhelming evidence of Khelif being a woman.

The fact you can't acknowledge she is a woman speaks volumes. No test has ever found her to not be a woman.

You refer back to a completely discretited procedure by a completely discretited organisation and nothing else.

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Doesn't every Olympic champion have some sort of biogical advantage in one way or another? Where do you draw the line? Michael Phelps and his giant feet aren't allowed because it's unfair?

Taylor Fritz is at least 8 inches taller than Dan Evans, it’s only right the yanks are disqualified and he and Murray take their place in the semis imo.

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Rowling is a f**king evil piece of workΒ 

I don't get the hate. She just very protective of womens rights.

Not my cup of tea but I understand her point of view as a woman.Β 

Apparently Dan Evans turned down defending his title at Washington Open, which is the biggest thing he's ever won, to take part in the Olympics so...

1. Fair play to him for thatΒ 

2. It's a shame they arrange big tournaments like that during the Olympics, IMO.

13 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

I don't get the hate. She just very protective of womens rights.

Not my cup of tea but I understand her point of view as a woman.Β 

She’s been anti women’s rights today and has spent years now being aggressively against trans rights. She’s also now changing what she thinks is a women whenever it suits her agenda.

8 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

All this boxing stuff takes me back to Lynsey Sharp in Rio 2016. She was totally broken after that.Β 

Lynsey Sharp always had an excuse. Laura Muir gets preferential treatment, it's not fair running against Caster Semenya, she thought "Big Jock Knew" was a positive reference to Jock Wallace...

She also always conveniently forgot she got selected for London 2012 based on achieving the B-standard, meaning GB&NI could only select one athlete instead of three. As a result, 3 athletes who all achieved the A-standard were not selected.