πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

British women absolutely nailed that. Β Something like the third time they’d broken the world record in these games. Β 

Yeah, they broke it in every round.

Superb effort

Just now, sparky88 said:

Wouldn't mind hodkinson winning but it would be hilarious if she doesn't given the BBC's build up- most built up athlete since Farah.Q

If the race hadn't started, I reckon Cram would have been belting out Three Lions

6 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Wouldn't mind hodkinson winning but it would be hilarious if she doesn't given the BBC's build up- most built up athlete since Farah.

I think I saw that two minute profile about twenty times over the last two days. But great race. Β Strolled it.Β 

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

If the race hadn't started, I reckon Cram would have been belting out Three Lions

Suspect the BBC were hoping for more ecstatic celebrations when they put a camera up in Hodgkinson's home town.Β 

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Steve Cram in full "ramp up the commentator's curse" mode here

Gold medal for being brilliant seems like quite an easy medal to get. Β 

7 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Wouldn't mind hodkinson winning but it would be hilarious if she doesn't given the BBC's build up- most built up athlete since Farah.

Yeah she's clearly the class of the field but I was hoping for her to trip up midway through the 2nd lap.Β 

Presumably that 6m10 from Deplantis was the massive roar from the crowd we heard while Steve Cram was wanking himself into oblivion about all the people he recognised in the crowd on Hodgkinson's lap of honour