πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

1 hour ago, Raven said:

GBs Toby Roberts won the climbing gold. The Aussies should have sent the guitarist from Airbourne.

I'd have thought the USA would take all the climbing golds.

Spoiler

spider-man-marvel.gif

Β 

I thought the breakdancing would at least be just a routine that you get judged on like the gymnastics. Instead it’s a f**king dance off like something out a Disney film, winner doesn’t get a gold medal they get the most popular boy in school, get it to f**k.Β 

Read last week that this is the last time that showjumping will be one of the 5 disciplines in the modern pentathlon. Think the main reason it is being dropped is that the random draw to allocate horses made it a lottery. It will be replaced by some sort of assault course. Hopefully in a Total Wipeout style.

Edited by peasy23

I'm entirely convinced that about an hour before the Women's Breaking event Australia suddenly remembered that they'd entered the event and then just asked someone in the crowd if they could help. The requirement of being able to break dance was not enforced.Β 

22 minutes ago, Swarley said:

I'm entirely convinced that about an hour before the Women's Breaking event Australia suddenly remembered that they'd entered the event and then just asked someone in the crowd if they could help. The requirement of being able to break dance was not enforced.Β 

A quick Google suggests she wrote a PHD on breaking and trains 3 to 4 hours a day, if you can believe that.

Putting breaking in the 2024 Olympics has always seemed odd to me. In time period terms, its like making the Charleston an Olympic sport but in Seoul 1988.Β 

Β