Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Dumbarton

Outcome   

79 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/24 at 14:00

27 minutes ago, super-son said:

Why? Do you think you will enjoy League 2 more?

Plenty of grounds in league 2 that I need to get ticked off the list.

Edited by PB1994

21 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

We'll have enough on the park to win this comfortably. The Caley 3, Dumbarton Nil.

Alternatively, the Caley circus will roll along like a clown car shedding wheels and ejecting frauds both on and off the pitch until roughly mid season when administration will be applied for and points will be deducted for unpaid wages. By which time this weekend's pummelling at the hands of famous old storied Dumbarton Football Club will be the least of Inverness Caledonian Thistle's worries.

6 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The last time we played you had a winger that tore us a new arsehole.

I completely forgot about the game last summer. We scored two tremendous goals and Harry Broun turned into prime Oliver Kahn for 90 minutes. What a strange evening.

I've absolutely no idea how this will go. Just like I have no idea how we'll do this season. When the fixture list came out I was feeling positive, but the past few weeks have dented that confidence a wee bit. Hopefully that's me being fragile and not something that impacts the players.

I'd like to see us go with something a bit like this.

Brett Long

Carlo Pignatiello Mikey Miller Mark Durnan Matty Shiels

Sena Niang

Kalvin Orsi Jinky Hilton Finlay Gray Tony Wallace

Michael Ruth

I'd be tempted to start McGuffie over Wallace given I've quite liked flashes from him; but I'm not convinced he's a winger and I think Wallace gives us a bit more defensive cover. That aside the rest basically picks itself at this stage. Sena to destroy things, Finlay charging about and Hilton (hopefully) continuing his impressive pre-season form gives us a nice balance in midfield. The Italian right-wing (insert politics joke here) and I'd imagine we'll continue with Miller and Durnan at centre-half unless we sign someone between now and Saturday.

That team is good enough to compete at this level. But the adaption to League One will be a big step up from last season. I'd be delighted if we could get three points here. But even one, with an improved defensive performance on the last few weeks, wouldn't be the worst outcome.

I'm looking forward to it!

13 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Alternatively, the Caley circus will roll along like a clown car shedding wheels and ejecting frauds both on and off the pitch until roughly mid season when administration will be applied for and points will be deducted for unpaid wages. By which time this weekend's pummelling at the hands of famous old storied Dumbarton Football Club will be the least of Inverness Caledonian Thistle's worries.

Will there be cameras at this? Will the “phygital” bloke be there?Not that I’m going to watch it on Saturday. Thinking more long term and Netflix-y.

2 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Will there be cameras at this? Will the “phygital” bloke be there?Not that I’m going to watch it on Saturday. Thinking more long term and Netflix-y.

Martin Bain is being brought in to turn things around.

15 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Alternatively, the Caley circus will roll along like a clown car shedding wheels and ejecting frauds both on and off the pitch until roughly mid season when administration will be applied for and points will be deducted for unpaid wages.

Great to see opposition fans are getting worried about The Caley juggernaut and already clinging to the hope of a points deduction.

15 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Brett Long

Carlo Pignatiello Mikey Miller Mark Durnan Matty Shiels

Sena Niang

Kalvin Orsi Jinky Hilton Finlay Gray Tony Wallace

Michael Ruth

I

Dumbarton starting 22 players?

I will never forget Carl Tremarco's glorious last minute winner to snatch the famous Irn Bru Cup trophy out of Dumbarton's grasp on the biggest day in their history. Collin Seedorf was majestic that day.

23 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I will never forget Carl Tremarco's glorious last minute winner to snatch the famous Irn Bru Cup trophy out of Dumbarton's grasp on the biggest day in their history. Collin Seedorf was majestic that day.

12 year old Dan MacKay with the cross too, wasn't he in playing in some P7 school tournament in the morning of the game?

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I remember that game well.  It was the first time I'd seen travel rugs in club colours.

On 29/07/2024 at 22:15, PB1994 said:

The league hasn’t started yet and I can’t wait for this season to be over.

Sincere commiserations mate ... and I thought our Marvin Bartley season was bad, puts things into perspective.

6 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Great to see opposition fans are getting worried about The Caley juggernaut and already clinging to the hope of a points deduction.

I haven't slept for weeks worrying about this match.