Tonight's scores

49 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Darvel 1 Glenafton Athletic 2

Full-Time 

Good fightback and  win for the Glens tonight, very happy with the start we've made to our relegation battle 😁

So far so good 

1 minute ago, 93glens17 said:

Good fightback and  win for the Glens tonight, very happy with the start we've made to our relegation battle 😁

So far so good 

Cracking start from yourselves it has to be said. 

37 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

You will probably find out that lafferty got himself sent off , he's at Johnstone burgh for a wedge and nothing else and that's something that could bite you on the arse along with the rest of the mercenaries.

He's probably feart to go to new Cumnock at the weekend, 

9 minutes ago, 93glens17 said:

So far so good 

I agree so far so good for u people have put u down for relegation but u have beat 2 of the top teams so far so that deserves credit 

1 hour ago, amnarab said:

Best to wait to see the highlights before condemning the man. Didn't seem that bad to me. Barely worth a booking. Actions of the Talbot bench probably got him sent off. 

Yeah,  haven't seen the feed as yet but the word is the tackle was fine.  Didn't look good from where I was but I was a bit away. 

Hopefully be on the JB facebook in the next 24 hours or so.

It was a good game, thought the Burgh were the better side in the second half.  Two good sides.  Good crowd as well.  I would guess around 950-1000? 

1 hour ago, amnarab said:

Best to wait to see the highlights before condemning the man. Didn't seem that bad to me. Barely worth a booking. Actions of the Talbot bench probably got him sent off. 

I’m seeing a few people saying that the tackle itself wasn’t that bad so looking forward to seeing it again.

that being said he looked to go in with some force, and based on the immediate reaction of the crowd and bench it felt in the moment like a red card. Time will tell

Tackle aside, squaring up to the lineman twice (who was about a foot shorter than lafferty and looked quite young) is disgraceful behaviour and worthy of condemnation. No doubt that will be in the highlight package as well

edit: unsavoury incident aside, great game with a big crowd. First time at Keanie park and easily one of the nicest grounds I’ve been to. Two strong looking teams who will no doubt be there or there abouts come the end of the season

Edited by CS_Dumbarton

Can't understand how we went from an attacking side in the first half to not making a tackle until JB were over the half way line in the second. Lafferty's red card I will have to see, while we had a goal chalked off for whatever the linesman saw.

Would also like to see Burgh’s three pretty strong looking penalty shouts within 30 seconds at the start of the second half.

Did anyone notice the linesman’s flag going up in the build up for Talbot’s goal? Looked like the ref didn’t notice it?

2 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Yeah,  haven't seen the feed as yet but the word is the tackle was fine.  Didn't look good from where I was but I was a bit away. 

Hopefully be on the JB facebook in the next 24 hours or so.

It was a good game, thought the Burgh were the better side in the second half.  Two good sides.  Good crowd as well.  I would guess around 950-1000? 

Went along decent game nothing special about it though. 

Was nowhere near that imo. 

Would say 750 tops. 

Gate won't even cover a squads wage bill for a week 

16 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

Went along decent game nothing special about it though. 

Was nowhere near that imo. 

Would say 750 tops. 

Gate won't even cover a squads wage bill for a week 

Fair enough. 

We are both guessing of course.  Keanie Park is pretty big and I have been to many a game with a crowd around the 700 mark (especially last season) and it did feel that little bit busier.  So., I still think (including the kids) it was a bit higher than you do.  However, it doesn't really matter, game was good and I really enjoyed my steak pie! 

7 hours ago, CS_Dumbarton said:

I’m seeing a few people saying that the tackle itself wasn’t that bad so looking forward to seeing it again.

that being said he looked to go in with some force, and based on the immediate reaction of the crowd and bench it felt in the moment like a red card. Time will tell

Tackle aside, squaring up to the lineman twice (who was about a foot shorter than lafferty and looked quite young) is disgraceful behaviour and worthy of condemnation. No doubt that will be in the highlight package as well

edit: unsavoury incident aside, great game with a big crowd. First time at Keanie park and easily one of the nicest grounds I’ve been to. Two strong looking teams who will no doubt be there or there abouts come the end of the season

The tackle was a red card from where I was  but  thought it was case of Lafferty believing he was going to be on the end of a sore one if he didn’t protect himself. Not saying that is right but understand his thoughts and the ref was correct to send him off. 

Tremendous crowd on a Tuesday with the pitch and venue looking great. Thought a point a piece was fair enough. Points will be hard to come across this year.

Jeezo that tackle might be even worse than I thought at the time. Could easily have broken the boy’s leg.

re: the talbot goal disallowed - maybe number 4 is pulling his markers shirt? Seems a bit harsh