St.Mirren v Hibernian

It had to happen sometime. Put progression in European competition to one side for a few days and turn our attention to bottom six jobbers who are on their 30th manager in four seasons.

5-0 Saints. Fitzpatrick, Stark, Richardson, Beckett, O’Hara (pen 90+5).

We'll have to play much better than we did last night. We need to close down players more quickly.

Will be difficult with us missing several first picks.

Hopefully Mandron will be fit.

Iacovitti in for Taylor.

Fully expect Rooney and Iacovitti, the latter whom I will be referring to as The Yak from now on, to score hat tricks.

No idea what to expect really.

Missing the game as I booked a weekend in Newcastle without checking fixtures. 🤦

27 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We'll have to play much better than we did last night. We need to close down players more quickly.

You can only beat what is put in front of you, but you're right.

It was nice to get a victory, and beats knocking about with the seaside league teams in the League Cup, but both Brann and Hibs are going to be a notable upgrade.

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

You can only beat what is put in front of you, but you're right.

It was nice to get a victory, and beats knocking about with the seaside league teams in the League Cup, but both Brann and Hibs are going to be a notable upgrade.

Are Hibs aware of this?

11 hours ago, pozbaird said:

It had to happen sometime. Put progression in European competition to one side for a few days and turn our attention to bottom six jobbers who are on their 30th manager in four seasons.

5-0 Saints. Fitzpatrick, Stark, Richardson, Beckett, O’Hara (pen 90+5).

Step away from the bevvy you.

5 hours ago, FTOF said:

Will be difficult with us missing several first picks.

Hopefully Mandron will be fit.

Iacovitti in for Taylor.

Fully expect Rooney and Iacovitti, the latter whom I will be referring to as The Yak from now on, to score hat tricks.

No idea what to expect really.

Missing the game as I booked a weekend in Newcastle without checking fixtures. 🤦

Why would you put Iacovitti in for Taylor?

I love big Taylor. Iacovitti needs to bide his time and earn his stripes in my opinion. He doesn’t just walk into the team. 

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Because Iacovitti is a far better player.

We didn't pay a six figure fee for him to be on the bench.

He’s not Franco Baresi. He’s a guy that used to play for Ross County, went down to England and has come back up as he was surplus to requirements at Port Vale.

I’m not for one minute saying he’s a bad player, I’m just saying he’s not good enough to just waltz in and take the position of someone who in my opinion has been playing very well. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

He’s not Franco Baresi. He’s a guy that used to play for Ross County, went down to England and has come back up as he was surplus to requirements at Port Vale.

I’m not for one minute saying he’s a bad player, I’m just saying he’s not good enough to just waltz in and take the position of someone who in my opinion has been playing very well. 

Have to agree. Taylor has been playing well and strolled through the game on Thursday. 

Iacovitti needs to bide his time. The same as Tanser. Brown has come in and claimed the LB spot with his displays. 

I love Taylor. Reads a game brilliantly and passes well. Pushes the team up the park. None of this square ball stuff but always a forward pass. And the guy can play football. First choice for me.

Taylor for me is a starter, it’s a real asset to have a ball playing centre half, he’s happy to get on the ball and start off attacking moves.

The manager wanted two players for each position, so it’s a really good option to have throughout the squad.

Taylor is a superb player whose ambition looking and wandering forward admittedly does lead to the odd brain fart. Bit compare that to the rash, positionally naive player who joined us and the difference is night and day.

He's easily the best footballer we have at centre half technically. He starts for me until Iacovitti forces the issue otherwise.