St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Monday 05/08/24

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It was bait to see who the thickest Aberdeen fan was.

Congratulations. 

Nobody is thick enough to think a Craig Levein version of the Saintees could attract anything like 8000, even with your free ticket give away. 

32 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Nobody is thick enough to think a Craig Levein version of the Saintees could attract anything like 8000, even with your free ticket give away. 

Currently 130 tickets away from selling every ticket in the home end.

So overall capacity is ~10,600, and the North Stand is 1800, unsure how many you get in the Main Stand but could be about 700?

So aye, it won't be far off 8000 home fans tbf, but that's only if the Ormond actually fills up which is rarely does even when tickets are sold out.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So overall capacity is ~10,600, and the North Stand is 1800, unsure how many you get in the Main Stand but could be about 700?

So aye, it won't be far off 8000 home fans tbf, but that's only if the Ormond actually fills up which is rarely does even when tickets are sold out.

It's about 900 in the away end of the main stand 

10 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Oops never saw Mitov. There was talk he was injured too though. 

We are without MacDonald, Clarkson, Polvara, Duk for different reasons, & Miovski will probably be sub.

We’re down to the bare bones in a few areas & need 3 or 4 in. 

My guess at Aberdeens X1:

Mitov 

Devlin Rubezic Molloy MacKenzie 

Nilsen Shinnie. 

Morris  Guèye McGrath. 

Sokler 

I think 10 are nailed on, the only questionable one would be Guèye I’d say. 

At full strength I’d say 1-0 Dons, but with a light squad & injuries etc, I’m going to say 1-1. 

Am getting sick of this shite that Bojan can’t play we pay his wages look at Celtic they’re still playing the boy that a lot of clubs are wanting 

I wouldn't start Miovski, personally. I understand the clamour for it because he is our best player, but he has had 45 minutes in the League Cup and even then looked like he was holding back a bit physically. The clamour will almost certainly grow if we don't win this and look blunt going forward, but I would stick with Sokler in that position for now. As long as Miovski is in the squad, we also have the option to throw him on for the final ten or twenty minutes if we are needing to chase a goal.

Barring any unknown injuries, I would say we know for certain ten of the starters tomorrow. The only question is who comes in for Clarkson. All the options are fairly uninspiring, but I suppose I would go with Gueye or Besuijen rather than Duncan because they should, on paper, maybe offer a bit more guile or creativity, but very sceptical about either of those even being a short-term solution.

32 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I wouldn't start Miovski, personally. I understand the clamour for it because he is our best player, but he has had 45 minutes in the League Cup and even then looked like he was holding back a bit physically. The clamour will almost certainly grow if we don't win this and look blunt going forward, but I would stick with Sokler in that position for now. As long as Miovski is in the squad, we also have the option to throw him on for the final ten or twenty minutes if we are needing to chase a goal.

Barring any unknown injuries, I would say we know for certain ten of the starters tomorrow. The only question is who comes in for Clarkson. All the options are fairly uninspiring, but I suppose I would go with Gueye or Besuijen rather than Duncan because they should, on paper, maybe offer a bit more guile or creativity, but very sceptical about either of those even being a short-term solution.

The clamour is he’s an Aberdeen player and he must be starting 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

If we are even contemplating having Morris & Duncan as wide players, we can forget top 6.

Duncan is Scottish League One standard. 
Morris is only playing by default as there’s no-one else. 

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20240804-234356.png

30 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Screenshot_20240804-234356.png

Has there been a lot of tickets given away free for the East and Main stand or is that mostly St Johnstone fans buying? Good turnout if so, will look good for sky. 

6 hours ago, Buckets said:

Has there been a lot of tickets given away free for the East and Main stand or is that mostly St Johnstone fans buying? Good turnout if so, will look good for sky. 

Mostly sold. There's been a handful given away in the East Stand as the new owner was giving them away at the fans forum during the week "give them to your friends" trying to win hearts and minds and to get you to bring a lapsed fan etc. they'll mostly be used i imagine. 

The vast majority of the free ones that may or may not be used  that went to kids etc are in the Ormond Stand behind the goal, that's why it's not open for sale. 

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Mostly sold. There's been a handful given away in the East Stand as the new owner was giving them away at the fans forum during the week "give them to your friends" trying to win hearts and minds and to get you to bring a lapsed fan etc. they'll mostly be used i imagine. 

The vast majority of the free ones that may or may not be used  that went to kids etc are in the Ormond Stand behind the goal, that's why it's not open for sale. 

He was in Slainte with the last hundred last night saying the same thing. Every c**t in there already had tickets though so not sure if many were handed out.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

He was in Slainte with the last hundred last night saying the same thing. Every c**t in there already had tickets though so not sure if many were handed out.

Slainte on a Sunday night sounds absolutely rats.

I've secured a free brief for this, not sure how as my old man sorted it out. I'll be in the Main Stand with the tartan blanket brigade, pretty pleased I'll be sat there for the actual renaming of the stand #history

A bumper crowd for this kind of fixture on a Monday night is incredible really. Can only hope it's at least an entertaining game. Looking forward to it. 

I predict that Levein will go with Rae in goal, a back three of Neilson/Sanders, McClelland and Cameron, Wright as RWB and Keltjens as LWB, a midfield three of Smith, MacPherson and Carey, with a front two of Sidibeh and Kimpioka.

57 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Slainte on a Sunday night sounds absolutely rats.

It hasn't been a decent pub since they moved the horseshoe type bar. That's coming from someone who likes the current owners. Perth is far better for drinking in when it's not full of loud young fannies trying to be the man. Which in my eyes makes it the perfect Sunday destination. 

Any recommendations where to park?

I am taking the autistic chap that I look after, so was thinking about using the car park at the ground. He doesn’t have a blue badge so we can’t use the disabled spaces. 

Another word of warning, I took him to three games last season and they all finished 0-0. 

3 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Any recommendations where to park?

I am taking the autistic chap that I look after, so was thinking about using the car park at the ground. He doesn’t have a blue badge so we can’t use the disabled spaces. 

Another word of warning, I took him to three games last season and they all finished 0-0. 

Car park will still be the closest if you're looking for somewhere near as poss. I'm sure they put the away cars behind the astroturf if you enter from the gate around the gar side by the away end. If you're in there it's close to the away sections.

The other options are in the area of Castle View or West Mains Avenue at the bottom end. There's no areas around the stadium that are no park ticket zones or anything like that. Just depends on how keen you are to walk a bit with the weather and how early you get there will depend on how far away you end up.