🔵⚪️Raith Rovers vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 - 10th August 2024

After our total snoozefest yesterday I am hoping for a more exciting game here. 

A right back in before this is required, hopefully another body for the bench as well to beef the squad out and give us another option.

We are depleted as usual by injury.  Coupled with Murrayball since December with no plan B.  A pace that can be described as ambling.  No natural striker in the team.

Sorry, but I think Partic will do what Rovers failed to yesterday and break a hoodoo.

First win for Partick at Starks for a long long time.

1-0 Thistle, and Murray to just repeat his weekly script.

26 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

We are depleted as usual by injury.  Coupled with Murrayball since December with no plan B.  A pace that can be described as ambling.  No natural striker in the team.

Sorry, but I think Partic will do what Rovers failed to yesterday and break a hoodoo.

First win for Partick at Starks for a long long time.

1-0 Thistle, and Murray to just repeat his weekly script.

We won at Starks Park a couple of months ago mate.

38 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

After our total snoozefest yesterday I am hoping for a more exciting game here. 

A right back in before this is required, hopefully another body for the bench as well to beef the squad out and give us another option.

Where's the poll?

44 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

If we don’t have the right back in, we should try Chalmers on the left and Fitzpatrick on the right. Fitzpatrick doesn’t need the overlap so much and Chalmers will get the overlap with Milne.

If he’s back, I’d drop Chalmers entirely and start MacKay. I’m confident that Chalmers will come good, but it hasn’t clicked for him yet. 

Would be very disappointed if we don’t have a right back in at some point this week though.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If he’s back, I’d drop Chalmers entirely and start MacKay. I’m confident that Chalmers will come good, but it hasn’t clicked for him yet. 

Would be very disappointed if we don’t have a right back in at some point this week though.

I was going on the assumption that as he was on crutches yesterday and supposedly said he was out for two months that we would need to try something different.

1 minute ago, jagsfan57 said:

I was going on the assumption that as he was on crutches yesterday and supposedly said he was out for two months that we would need to try something different.

I was unaware of this.

Shite news.

6 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Aye, sounds like Mackay is out for a while now. Apparently picked up a knee injury, falling awkwardly in training/ pre-match. 

Something that is starting to frustrate a wee bit about Doolan’s game previews is the team news. He did tell us that Muirhead was out but didn’t mention we wouldn’t be able to fill the subs bench. I get he doesn’t want to give too much information away. Maybe, he should stop being asked.

McKay apparently could be out for up to a few months. We are just having no luck with injuries right now. So on top of a right back and a striker, we may now have to be looking for another winger too.

12 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Something that is starting to frustrate a wee bit about Doolan’s game previews is the team news. He did tell us that Muirhead was out but didn’t mention we wouldn’t be able to fill the subs bench. I get he doesn’t want to give too much information away. Maybe, he should stop being asked.

Going by the photos he was leaving on crutches on match day so I'd assume from that the injury wasn't picked up until yesterday. 

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

I think he probably just didn't know at the time.