🔵⚪️Raith Rovers vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 - 10th August 2024

44 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Genuinely though, it is incredibly frustrating to see us put together this very good squad and then at least 5 of them just be missing with injury every week so far, including someone who has played about 500 games in the top league and never seemed to be unavailable for Hibs. 

Sounds familiar.

Just frustrating we’ve not had any kind of injury update at all really. Fordyce took a sore one, Hamilton is made of chocolate it seems and Callum Smith was blatantly struggling at the end last week too. Add these 3 to Hanlon and Brown who we know have been out. Then there’s Vaughan who was straight back in last week. 

I wonder if something should have been picked up with Hanlon before he signed? Was he not sceptical about the artificial surface? 

It’s maybe just the overriding negativity emanating from every fibre of my being just now, but I’ve got a right bad feeling about Hanlon. I’m getting big ‘released in January after 0 appearances and immediately retires’ vibes about it. 

40 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Just frustrating we’ve not had any kind of injury update at all really. Fordyce took a sore one, Hamilton is made of chocolate it seems and Callum Smith was blatantly struggling at the end last week too. Add these 3 to Hanlon and Brown who we know have been out. Then there’s Vaughan who was straight back in last week. 

I wonder if something should have been picked up with Hanlon before he signed? Was he not sceptical about the artificial surface? 

If he was, then I think we can ask questions about our backroom teams ability to conduct proper due dilligence. 

Trying to put a positive spin on our injuries, it's likely Mitchell, Bannigan, and Muirhead are not first choice this season anyway and we've known about Lawless for 5 months now, so it's only Mackay that's really a key issue, mainly because he was part of the replacements for Lawless.  The others do affect the amount of cover we have.

Edited by Fuctifano

11 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

If he was, then I think we can ask questions about our backroom teams ability to conduct proper due dilligence. 

I put the chat about the surface/Hanlon down to absolute drivel.

It's plausible Hanlon was essentially carrying an injury coming into pre-season, which is frustrating if that's the case. If the pitch is a factor then neither club nor player should have been anywhere near agreeing a deal.

42 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Mickey managerial masterclass incoming. Byrne as CB, Easton as a false 9 and Gibson running riot on the wing.

Nothing will top Kevin Cuthbert deciding that 30 goal Kevin Nisbet was a right back. Outstanding management.

Attending for the first time in ages (since the new ticket system was introduced) 

Can I just confirm you stick to the chosen seats, or can I expect someone to be sitting in them? 

Many Thanks 

11 minutes ago, GJS said:

Attending for the first time in ages (since the new ticket system was introduced) 

Can I just confirm you stick to the chosen seats, or can I expect someone to be sitting in them? 

Many Thanks 

Folk generally stick to the allocated seats. 

Can't say I'm going into this one with too much optimism. Of course, perhaps Ian Murray was some kind of negative, restrictive presence in the dressing room, and now that the players are free from his shackles they'll put in a performance so impressive it makes last night's Ayr showing pale in comparison. 

Unfortunately, I suspect what will actually happen is that we win three corners in the first 10 minutes, giving us some kind of tentative encouragement, before being hemmed in for the next 80 and losing with a whimper. 

Fingers crossed John Potter, a man whose managerial track record is pretty lamentable can demonstrate my pessimism is misplaced though!

39 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

f**k it. Wasiri masterclass incoming.

1-0 Rovers. 

If I recall he was a bit of a liability in the 2-2 game last season.

3-0 to Thistle today, easy win.

Edited by mrpaddyx

30 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

If I recall he was a bit of a liability in the 2-2 game last season.

3-0 to Thistle today, easy win.

I think he started at centre half and looked okayish, then moved to the right when McMillan went off and Ethan Ross came on and just breezed past him time and time again, which ultimately secured our comeback