🔵⚪️Raith Rovers vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 - 10th August 2024

38 minutes ago, Raithie said:

If anyone from Ayr's backroom staff have decided to take in this game they'll be getting helluva excited if this is two teams pipped as potential title contenders. 

Christ who cares!

What was the red card for? I was absolutely certain he’d sent a Rovers player off as it looked like Robinson was fouled twice in quick succession, but apparently not.

McBeth’s worst game for us in a long time, and Chalmers was poor again too. Other than the penalty I thought Wasiri was fine but we still definitely need an actual right back in. Diack did well when he came on.

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Might need that for our announcement 😂😂😂

I know your admin loves the bants (actually really quite entertaining bants to be fair) but it would be pretty weird to use a pic of Scott Brown when announcing Yogi’s return.

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

What was the red card for? I was absolutely certain he’d sent a Rovers player off as it looked like Robinson was fouled twice in quick succession, but apparently not.

McBeth’s worst game for us in a long time, and Chalmers was poor again too. Other than the penalty I thought Wasiri was fine but we still definitely need an actual right back in. Diack did well when he came on.

Wasiri was awful. I've seen under 10s players control the ball better than him, under no pressure either. All he had was a throw in. 

That was a typical Murray performance through and through, totally disjointed going forward for large parts, huge gaps in the midfield and some last ditch defending but it was needed today. 

Our weakest players today were Byrne, far far too slow to be a covering midfielder, Mullin, who again offers very little in open play and Stanton who was far too deep to be effective. Also unsure why we're having to shoehorn our captain into the side, either give it to another player for the game or drop a midfielder. 

Also horrible tackle by wee Robinson, though he probably should have had a free kick after Connolly took a swipe at him, can't retaliate like that though. 

Lots of character shown and a great 3 points. Rode our luck but the biggest call went our way with a well-taken penalty. Poor from Robinson (brainless too) and a deserved red card. Would have settled for a point today given everything so to get all 3 is a real bonus.

Fought like lions today. Maximum effort from every player and good performances from many, including Dick, Murray, Smith with a tough shift up front and young Gibson.

Ashcroft wearing no.23 because that's all the minutes he can play these days. 

Pleasing.

21 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Studs up and above the knee. Looked awful in the ground and others watching it on Raith TV saying it looked worse after. 

Williams looked every bit of the centre back playing out wide. We used to have a youth player called Dave McKay who was exactly the same. 

Brilliant win given the circumstances for us. Matthews did well deputising on the right. Murray was imperious and completely commanded the game. Byrne had his best performance since signing up in the summer. But from the outfield players Callum Smith deserves the most praise - an utterly relentless shift from him. 

17 minutes ago, Ken Deans said:

This Division doesn't allow this kind of start. No goals so far

Actually think that’s the one thing the championship certainly does allow. Thankfully.