Ayr Vs Airdrie 9th August

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Must be strawberry flavour 

I'd be going straight back to the vape shop if that is meant to taste like strawberry. We need some new flavours,  are there no black and white ones available?

33 minutes ago, Only me... said:

I'd be going straight back to the vape shop if that is meant to taste like strawberry. We need some new flavours,  are there no black and white ones available?

The white Elf Bar is candyfloss flavour I think.

We obviously had the Indian star over Airdrie last season with Anton Dowds scoring 6 (Six) times against them. I’d be very pleased if that theme continued. 

Looking at Airdrie’s squad they seem to have lost a good few key players in the summer, Megwa, Fordyce, Telfer and Todorov to name a few while signing a lot of unknowns. Ben Wilson is obviously the one standing out at the moment scoring 6 goals in the league cup group phase however you have to caveat that with the fact 3 of those came against a defensively shambolic EK side. Still an impressive return regardless though. 

Teamwise presuming we have no new signings in before Friday night the only change I’d be making is Murphy in for Hastie. 

2-0 Ayr with Anton Dowds continuing his hot streak against this mob. 

1 hour ago, Only me... said:

Who has coppers these days, ask the young team to show you what the modern world uses.

You will be in the stand and behind the nets so you can get the best view of Big Anton Dowds pounding the red diamond again.

You are correct, there was a pie van, but the polis evicted them at the celtic game, you might need to eat outside, I don't know if it is allowed back in yet,  last thing we need is crushed pies and capri sun's on live tv because of hordes of Airdries in the railway end. Also, you will need more than coppers if you want a pie this season.

Us oldies eh..

How can a pie van be evicted from the ground, daft question I know

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We obviously had the Indian star over Airdrie last season with Anton Dowds scoring 6 (Six) times against them. I’d be very pleased if that theme continued. 

Looking at Airdrie’s squad they seem to have lost a good few key players in the summer, Megwa, Fordyce, Telfer and Todorov to name a few while signing a lot of unknowns. Ben Wilson is obviously the one standing out at the moment scoring 6 goals in the league cup group phase however you have to caveat that with the fact 3 of those came against a defensively shambolic EK side. Still an impressive return regardless though. 

Teamwise presuming we have no new signings in before Friday night the only change I’d be making is Murphy in for Hastie. 

The replacements for each of those players you mentioned are equally as good if not better. 

A Wilson is better than Fordyce and B Wilson is better than Todorov. 

Armstrong is similar to Telfer and will be just as important. 

Losing Megwa hasn’t really been that bad as we have the best wingback in the league in Hancock so nothing lost there. 

I actually think we’re a much better side than last year. You’ll be surprised at the relatively unknown players we’ve signed 

25 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

I actually think we’re a much better side than last year. You’ll be surprised at the relatively unknown players we’ve signed 

I agree and I think that will show against every other team but Watson played like he had Dowds on to score every time he came up against him last season and it looks like it’s going to be the case again.

8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I wrote the below post in another thread

On 05/08/2024 at 16:49, Aufc said:

The main players we lost from last season are

Josh Rae - replaced with murray Johnston who is a great keeper. Josh Rae was also class but prone to the odd brain fart albeit calmed down in the second season. We didnt even have him for the last part of the season. We have also added Kieran Wright from rangers as back up.

Kanayo Megwa - Megwa was obviously class. Brought in mcdonald who has started superbly. There is talk of Megwa coming back on loan as well. 

Calum Fordyce - Replaced with Aidan wilson who i would say looks like an upgrade

Cammy Ballantyne - i quite liked him as he was versatile. We havent directly replaced him. Talk of another centre half coming in

Charlie Telfer - Again was an important player last season, however, we have brought in Rhys Armstrong, Terrell Agyemang and Chirs Mochrie. We also got Murray Aitken back who was injured for a large part of the season. 

Gabby McGill - replaced with Ben Wilson who is a clear upgrade and a proper striker

We now have much better strength in depth whilst upgrading most of the players above. They are all young but they have plenty energy. Throw in McCabe then its quite an exciting time to be an Airdrie fan. It wont last as McCabe will leave us but, hopefuly the off the field set up is in place and will continue when he leaves. Time will tell with that last part

9 hours ago, Diamonds02 said:

I agree and I think that will show against every other team but Watson played like he had Dowds on to score every time he came up against him last season and it looks like it’s going to be the case again.

Based on?

10 hours ago, Passionate said:

Us oldies eh..

How can a pie van be evicted from the ground, daft question I know

Celtic fans failed to understand the concept of moving round to let more folk in and bunched up near the entrance where the pie van was, and PC Plod decided the pie van had to be taken outside the ground to make more space, instead of moving the celtic fans along. 

On 06/08/2024 at 22:00, itzdrk said:

Might no be young any more but it's absolutely disposable vapes. 

Unless you're at the back of the SRE, where allegedly it's chips and bits of burgers (and directed at their own fans).

37 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Unless you're at the back of the SRE, where allegedly it's chips and bits of burgers (and directed at their own fans).

Being back on the NT has been absolutely night and day. 

There's some auld boys that shout abuse at our players for little to no reason, but I don't have to worry about flying projectiles. So overall it's a win.

On 04/08/2024 at 21:21, diegomarahenry said:

An Airdrie fan shot Willie Furphy after a game at Somerset. 

Hide contents

Thats what was reported on Westsound, he was walking off the pitch and his hamstring popped and he thought he'd been shot with a ball bearing.

I remember that being on Clyde too. Think it might have been our promotion season too as I was worried we’d lose the point (s) and not get promoted.

This game really could be anything. Last season Ayr were clearly our bogey team. But take away even some of the wins they got against us and Ayr were in the relegation okay offs. No doubt they've strengthened, that's clear for all to see. Have Airdrie as well though? Jury is still out and a couple more players required to have the complete squad IMO, but so far we're looking very decent again. 

Injuries could play their part here, as we've picked up a few niggles of late, so our preferred starting 11 could be impacted by that. This is where depth of squad will be vital this season for whoever makes a charge for the top spot. It's a physical, bruising league and that'll show as we progress. 

For this game though, id happily take a draw, just to get last seasons monkey off our back. 

Do we have the players to go out and win it though? Of course. But no doubt Ayr fans will be feeling the same. Either way, should be a cracker. 

Nil nil.

29 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

This game really could be anything. Last season Ayr were clearly our bogey team. But take away even some of the wins they got against us and Ayr were in the relegation okay offs. No doubt they've strengthened, that's clear for all to see. Have Airdrie as well though? Jury is still out and a couple more players required to have the complete squad IMO, but so far we're looking very decent again. 

Injuries could play their part here, as we've picked up a few niggles of late, so our preferred starting 11 could be impacted by that. This is where depth of squad will be vital this season for whoever makes a charge for the top spot. It's a physical, bruising league and that'll show as we progress. 

For this game though, id happily take a draw, just to get last seasons monkey off our back. 

Do we have the players to go out and win it though? Of course. But no doubt Ayr fans will be feeling the same. Either way, should be a cracker. 

Nil nil.

Bold prediction for any Airdrie game to finish without a goal especially given our performances against Ayr last season.