Dumbarton vs Alloa

Match Outcome  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/24 at 13:59

5 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Best badge in the league vs worst badge in the league.

You mean the worst badge in world football?

4 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Macron v Pendle Sportswear

I fear the Alloa-Pendle deal is never ending and will outlive me

51 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hope we roll out the red carpet for Sir Andrew Graham's return.

Hide contents

And then put six past his mob.

Maybe Raith will have pinched him by then?

9 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Maybe Raith will have pinched him by then?

It's the only thing they can do to win back my full support after this shameful day in their history.

They've still got Sam Stanton, Kevin and Lewis Vaughan mind you. So I still have a major soft spot for them.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It's the only thing they can do to win back my full support after this shameful day in their history.

They've still got Sam Stanton, Kevin and Lewis Vaughan mind you. So I still have a major soft spot for them.

...Liam Dick, Scott Brown..

14 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I think it's like the Room (2003) Cult classic and icon of the genre.

Which genre? Shit American Football team badges?

As for the game, hopefully we can get a centre half in before it, Carlo is fit to start and we can start something that looks like our first choice 11. Would be good to kick off our home league campaign with a win but a point probably isn't a bad result (I just hope the players don't celebrate it...😉).

46 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Which genre? Shit American Football team badges?

As for the game, hopefully we can get a centre half in before it, Carlo is fit to start and we can start something that looks like our first choice 11. Would be good to kick off our home league campaign with a win but a point probably isn't a bad result (I just hope the players don't celebrate it...😉).

Either comedy or poorly made drama. Much like the Room. 

15 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

...Liam Dick, Scott Brown..

File Scott Brown under 'ones that got away'. A drawer or two below Kevin Nisbet.

File Liam Dick in 'ones I didn't ever see having a career as good as they have gone on to enjoy'. A drawer or two below Ross McCrorie.

Writing the programme for this got me all misty-eyed about Kristoffer Syvertsen. Fit for four weeks of a year, but what a four weeks :wub:

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

File Scott Brown under 'ones that got away'. A drawer or two below Kevin Nisbet.

File Liam Dick in 'ones I didn't ever see having a career as good as they have gone on to enjoy'. A drawer or two below Ross McCrorie.

Writing the programme for this got me all misty-eyed about Kristoffer Syvertsen. Fit for four weeks of a year, but what a four weeks :wub:

I watched the highlights of our last match against Alloa at the weekend and what an ending it was. I actually spotted myself walking along the front of the gazebo stand just before we scored our first. I had intended to leave as I couldn't see us scoring but hadn't realised there was only one exit and I'd gone the wrong way. As I was heading in the right direction, we went forward and equalised so I stayed until the end and was mightily relieved I did. Syvertsen was like Maradona when he won our penalty.

7 minutes ago, microdave said:

I watched the highlights of our last match against Alloa at the weekend and what an ending it was. I actually spotted myself walking along the front of the gazebo stand just before we scored our first. I had intended to leave as I couldn't see us scoring but hadn't realised there was only one exit and I'd gone the wrong way. As I was heading in the right direction, we went forward and equalised so I stayed until the end and was mightily relieved I did. Syvertsen was like Maradona when he won our penalty.

Now that you mention it that Blaise Riley-Snow goal. What a hit.  If he could move he might've been a good player. Seems like an age ago that season now. 

Also seem to inadvertently caught some very agressive arse slapping from Mark Durnan in the celebrations🤣

Edited by LeodhasXD

We were solid enough without being spectacular against QoS and clearly need to improve our wide attacking options, hopefully sooner rather than later. Do Dumbarton still have the tight pitch? It was so frustrating watching Alloa the year we did that for the entire season in the Championship - particularly when we had really good wide attacking options at that point. 

Expecting a tough game anyway, the Dumbarton squad looks pretty solid and should be fine this season I think. Durnan available on Saturday or perhaps enjoying a summer holiday? 

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

We were solid enough without being spectacular against QoS and clearly need to improve our wide attacking options, hopefully sooner rather than later. Do Dumbarton still have the tight pitch? It was so frustrating watching Alloa the year we did that for the entire season in the Championship - particularly when we had really good wide attacking options at that point. 

Expecting a tough game anyway, the Dumbarton squad looks pretty solid and should be fine this season I think. Durnan available on Saturday or perhaps enjoying a summer holiday? 

Pitch is still narrow yes, to the delight of no one at all really. It's also a bobbly mess so there's that too. Durnan available as far as I'm aware and I won't have a bad word said about him. 

I feel like I've known what to expect when playing Alloa over the last 10 years and I expect more of the same here. I was pleased to see Andy start so well in the managers seat and hope he continues that work, next week of course. 

Bright and sunny here in the jewel of West Dunbartonshire. Looks like there's been some overnight light rain. But we always get more rain here in the valley than Dumbarton does. Looks like ideal fitba conditions.