Dumbarton vs Alloa

Match Outcome  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/24 at 13:59

2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Bright and sunny here in the jewel of West Dunbartonshire. Looks like there's been some overnight light rain. But we always get more rain here in the valley than Dumbarton does. Looks like ideal fitba conditions.

It was absolutely hammering it down early this morning but it's been dry since 10. I don't think there will be any need for watering the goal mouths today. 

11 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

And now we’re behind…

I don't like how we are standing off Alloa whenever they are near our 18 yard box.

Both teams defending has been honking.

Ruth should have scored, free header.

It must be quite tough playing into that wind, but defensively we have been a disaster. Full back pish, centre back rotten and Brett Long has had a nightmare. Going forward we look dangerous and although we have missed 2 guilt edged chances (Gray and Shiels) I think it's safe to say our issues are at the back.

I would hazard a guess at some kind of change of shape at half time. The wingers haven't had much of the ball and we need more composure at the back. We should also have the wind so hoping that doesn't hamper us too much, which is a very Dumbarton thing to do 😂

Great through ball for our goal. Ruth finished nicely. Their equaliser looked dodgy, but the Alloa 2nd was shocking from us. Allowed far too much space to run at us. Gray manages to fluff a great chance by wanting too many touches. Shiels also wastes a good opportunity.

Alloa don't look great. We're not testing them enough. We're giving them far too much space and we're doing a poor job clearing the ball.

Hilton isn't working in midfield. McGuffie and Orsi haven't been involved enough either. We're also giving Ruth no help, so anything he does win is being picked up by an Alloa defender.

Need to change it. We need to be better in midfield. We could go to the back 3 again Shiels has struggled at left back today and we'd get more from him further forward. If we want to stick with 4-3-3 then get Young on at left back and bring Mumbongo on. Have Ruth and Orsi either side of him.

Too many mistakes and giving Alloa too much time and space to pick out passes or run into. We need to be more aggressive closing down.

Could be one of the lowest quality games I’ve seen in a long time. We’ve been utterly dreadful and yet are somehow ahead. Fingers crossed we can hold on and Hetherington can come out with his boots on the right feet.

40 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

It must be quite tough playing into that wind, but defensively we have been a disaster. Full back pish, centre back rotten and Brett Long has had a nightmare. Going forward we look dangerous and although we have missed 2 guilt edged chances (Gray and Shiels) I think it's safe to say our issues are at the back.

I would hazard a guess at some kind of change of shape at half time. The wingers haven't had much of the ball and we need more composure at the back. We should also have the wind so hoping that doesn't hamper us too much, which is a very Dumbarton thing to do 😂

It's part of the game, we shouldn't feel bad about it.

45 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Frustrating not to see that out.

Aye, I thought we should have won today, could have been 3-2 up at h/t but we were'nt unfortunately.

Had a good spell second half eventually going in front, both teams seemed determined to make as many mistakes as possible lol.

Big Mumbongo looks useful, strong, quite fast for a big fellow, I would love to have seen his shot go in, good save by the Alloa keeper.

I might be going against the grain a wee bit here, but I found that quite an entertaining match. Not particularly great quality at times, but frenetic and competitive between two similarly matched sides. Some decent goals as well. I'll need to wait for the highlights to see our first as I was a few minutes late and missed it.

I felt a draw was probably fair, but either team could probably have edged it at times.

3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I might be going against the grain a wee bit here, but I found that quite an entertaining match. Not particularly great quality at times, but frenetic and competitive between two similarly matched sides. Some decent goals as well. I'll need to wait for the highlights to see our first as I was a few minutes late and missed it.

I felt a draw was probably fair, but either team could probably have edged it at times.

No, I'm with you Pete, and if both sets of fans are being honest then a draw was the correct result as both teams produced fitful performances.

Once again the wind at The Rock played a big part, but getting to 3-2 ahead deep into the second half with it in their favour only our guys can explain why they retreated and enabled the Wasps to conjure a late equaliser.  And I'm not sure replacing McGuffie with Wallace was a wise substitution.