Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Maybe the Fordyce fallout was all fake news and this has been planned all along:ph34r:

20240412_134543.jpg

I'd be shocked if McCabe goes to Raith as :

Just signed a new contract and whilst I've no doubt there is a release clause it won't be peanuts given Airdrie's owner finance expertise. With Murray's comp it would be hefty cost to Raith.

His Consillium links may be similar to McNamara's at Dundee Utd.

He's a clever cookie and he'll be well aware that there will be a few Premiership jobs coming up before Xmas. The vultures will be hovering over Levein, Gray, Goodwin or Kettlewell if they make bad starts.

It will never happen but if Yogi Hughes gets the job I won't be back in SP until he is gone. 

I personally think McCabe will be approached if not already or we will go with Tam Courts.

1 hour ago, Starksdynamo said:

The biggest obstacle to McCabe is the fact he was offered a new contract in the summer - but we don't know the clauses involved I'd be very surprised if it was not flexible for him to move to any club he wanted.  I think some Airdrie fans are being a bit too romantic about McCabe here.  He will not be your manager at the end of the season whether he goes to Raith or not and Airdrie will not win the league because they have a worse squad than last year.  I'd argue Raith, Ayr, Partick and maybe even Falkirk have better squads and could offer him higher wages with bigger backing and a bigger fanbase. 

It would be a surprise if he came to Stark's Park, but I don't think it's impossible.

We know McCabe most likely won’t be here next season but we also know how ambitious he is. That ageing rovers squad sounds like his nightmare tbh considering how passionate he is about signing and developing young hungry players. I don’t agree we have a worse squad than last year and I’d very much argue against Falkirk having a better squad than us. 

He’s been well backed to build a squad that is entirely his own so I feel very confident in saying that when he leaves it will be to the prem or down south.

2 hours ago, Starksdynamo said:

The biggest obstacle to McCabe is the fact he was offered a new contract in the summer - but we don't know the clauses involved I'd be very surprised if it was not flexible for him to move to any club he wanted.  I think some Airdrie fans are being a bit too romantic about McCabe here.  He will not be your manager at the end of the season whether he goes to Raith or not and Airdrie will not win the league because they have a worse squad than last year.  I'd argue Raith, Ayr, Partick and maybe even Falkirk have better squads and could offer him higher wages with bigger backing and a bigger fanbase. 

It would be a surprise if he came to Stark's Park, but I don't think it's impossible.

Putting this out there. I think our squad is better than last season. 

2 hours ago, Starksdynamo said:

Most Airdrie fans KNOW he’ll be off very soon so strange comment about being romantic.. Meanwhile you make out or believe Raith are some sort of super power. The irony. Falkirk, Dunfermline, Thistle… maybe. Raith aren’t in that bracket, and never have been. 

But listen, it’s all opinions, let’s see. McCabes and Raiths board are the only ones that matter. I personally think he’ll wait and go to something bigger. I might be wrong. It happens a lot!

53 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Its harsh on actual journalists to compare them to people who write for these sites, but yeah, i'd be unhappy at the majority of that list. Thomson, Hughes, Naysmith, Bartley, even Courts as he's been out of management for a while and is now apparently coaching in Saudi, likely being paid an eyewatering amount. 

McCabe is a pipedream, but he's signed a new contract, he's been allowed to build a squad he wants this summer and he's destined for better things quicker than we're offering. 

Not sure who the real answer is, but we cannot go into the Partick game this weekend without a manager and a plan to get the squad up to speed. Whoever comes in will have a few weeks to get players in and likely out.