Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, pub car king said:

I thought he looked uncomfortable and was very deliberate in what he said or didn't say. 

He was damned either way. Not an easy interview to take, particularly when, as is likely, there are legal proceedings in the background regarding compensation and confidentiality. 

He did take a while to get round to it but he explained it wasn't a knee jerk reaction, that it had been months in the making, explained the rationale (admittedly without much depth), assured that they have wheels in motion to replace the manager and that finances are not in danger.

Not sure what anyone else was expecting, under the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Stardog_champion said:

Absolutely no chance Dolan will rock up at Raith Rovers, he’s literally in with the bricks at Partick

Metaphorically speaking.....he is "literally" in wi the bricks?  Aye? 

Would have a helluva joab gettin oot, otherwise!!

18 minutes ago, Starksdynamo said:

Brian Graham would be the most fun.  He could be a shite manager but Partick Thistle would lose their best player and we'd have a 25 goal a season striker.

lateral thinkin at it's best!!

2 hours ago, Raith69 said:

Having watched the interview last night, I believe that McCabe is on their shortlist and most likely the preferred choice, whether or not any approach would be knocked back by Airdrie and or McCabe who knows but would be surprised if he wasn't on the shortlist.

In terms of someone who hasn't been mentioned then Kris Doolan may be on that shortlist too.

Don't know what Doolan has done to deserve being considered?

Surprised that Doolan hasn’t had as much attention as McCabe. He’s a young manager, his team finished higher than McCabe’s last season and his teams play good football. Suppose McCabe is much more handsome so that probably why

8 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Surprised that Doolan hasn’t had as much attention as McCabe. He’s a young manager, his team finished higher than McCabe’s last season and his teams play good football. Suppose McCabe is much more handsome so that probably why

Partick Thistle will have a much bigger budget than Airdrie. Where they finished last season is exactly where they would have expected to finish. 

5 hours ago, Stardog_champion said:

f**k sake, it was an idea. I was a wee bit bored with the generic names bandied about. Yes I got behind what’s happening at Cliftonville after our game, it was awesome to go see teams I’d hardly heard of. Magilton is still a big name in British football, was just trying to get a wee buzz for someone else outside of the usual merry go round. 

It was a fun idea, which will be even better if he actually gets the job. Could have been worse, you might have suggested Callum Hannah to PSG.

4 hours ago, Starksdynamo said:

Brian Graham would be the most fun.  He could be a shite manager but Partick Thistle would lose their best player and we'd have a 25 goal a season striker.

You'd have to give us all your massive spare budget, and then I'd personally have to do a Tonya Harding on him on the way out.

(The leg smashing thing, NOT the sex tape thing)