Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

St Mirren assistant Diarmuid O Carroll has turned down job

2 men in history who must regret waving a piece of paper in public

Chamberlain then Barroman

It's been 5 days. Just because one person wasn't interested doesn't mean the whole situation is a disaster. Give them a bit of time to do their interviews and see who we end up with. 

18 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It's been 5 days. Just because one person wasn't interested doesn't mean the whole situation is a disaster. Give them a bit of time to do their interviews and see who we end up with. 

Do you not think it was a mistake to sack the best manager of recent memory without a guaranteed replacement? Obviously depends what happens this week but I think it wasn’t the best idea

38 minutes ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

2 men in history who must regret waving a piece of paper in public

Chamberlain then Barroman

He was just one of the candidates we wanted to speak to. It's hardly a disaster.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Do you not think it was a mistake to sack the best manager of recent memory without a guaranteed replacement? Obviously depends what happens this week but I think it wasn’t the best idea

I think it was decent timing with us having a free week next week, as it means we are almost certain to only have to play one match with a caretaker in charge, and we'll lose this match today regardless.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think it was decent timing with us having a free week next week, as it means we are almost certain to only have to play one match with a caretaker in charge, and we'll lose this match today regardless.

Aye fair enough, but if the board had been a bit more organise and discreet could have been sounding folk out this week. Although maybe punting Murray if he had won this weekend it would have been even more bizarre.

would imagine you would want someone in Tuesday latest to give them the full fortnight to have with the players

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

I doubt someone is going to come in make us any worse than we have looked so far.  Your statement assumes that the form that lead to Murray being the best manager in recent memory suddenly reappears - nothing at all suggested that was likely.

When we lost 5 games in a row after new year a lot was made of Murray having credit in the bank, which was fair due to the amazing start we had.

I think it's fair to say the board have credit in the bank at the moment. However if they get this appointment wrong and we go backwards then the credit is used up very quickly. 

I've rationalised the sacking, but I had hoped we had a name in mind and discreet enquires had been made. Sacking Murray to replace him with another manager you think can do better is one thing. 

Sacking him to work through a shortlist of candidates who may have no interest in the job is a very different story. 

3 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

It doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence that the last three Kelty managers appointed when they were there were Potter, Thomson and Ferguson.

Who should Kelty have gone after instead?

I wouldn't take any of those obviously,  but Rovers manager and Kelty manager are different propositions altogether.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Who should Kelty have gone after instead?

I wouldn't take any of those obviously,  but Rovers manager and Kelty manager are different propositions altogether.

Not particularly my job, but they were an attractive club when they put Potter in charge so they definitely could have dien better there.  As for the current rumours of St Mirrens assistant and an Aberdeen coach, when the target has essentially been set as promotion, I'm not feeling particularly confident 

11 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

When we lost 5 games in a row after new year a lot was made of Murray having credit in the bank, which was fair due to the amazing start we had.

I think it's fair to say the board have credit in the bank at the moment. However if they get this appointment wrong and we go backwards then the credit is used up very quickly. 

I've rationalised the sacking, but I had hoped we had a name in mind and discreet enquires had been made. Sacking Murray to replace him with another manager you think can do better is one thing. 

Sacking him to work through a shortlist of candidates who may have no interest in the job is a very different story. 

This is the key bit. I said in the Rovers thread that the likes of Brown or McCabe would not be interested in moving now, had we done something after last season, different proposition i'd think, but they've built their squads, started their seasons, they'd be daft jumping ship now. I imagine its similar with others. I understand why O'Carroll has rejected the opportunity to talk to us, he's in a position now where he and Robinson have built a squad to play for top 6 in the top league and currently in Europe, why would you want to leave that right now? 

Whoever we're going to get has to fit into the model we have set out, which is someone who works with a Technical Director, has final say on transfers, but perhaps not specific targets, has to work with an older squad and some big names for this level and the aim is promotion. 

30 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Whoever we're going to get has to fit into the model we have set out, which is someone who works with a Technical Director, has final say on transfers, but perhaps not specific targets, has to work with an older squad and some big names for this level and the aim is promotion. 

Genuine question, who was behind the signings of the likes of Fordyce, Hanlon, Stevenson etc, was it Murray or did Potter push them on Murray 

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

The preferred choice is in a job, that narrows it down a bit ............. not

Just hope they're not looking down the leagues at the likes of Ferguson, Petrie or, heaven forbid, McKinnon.

4 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Genuine question, who was behind the signings of the likes of Fordyce, Hanlon, Stevenson etc, was it Murray or did Potter push them on Murray 

I suspect that the recommendations came from the group but Murray would have the final say so. Fordyce was probably the outlier. What Murray wouldn't have a part in is the length of the deals. 

6 hours ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

I've heard he sent in an application but we turned him down, just his spin on it apparently.