Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Go on share the mental ness 

31 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Share the mental one 🤣

None other than Henrik Larrson…

Scott Brown in for a second interview today seemed to be the general rumour from tonight’s game. 

Just now, Offshore Rover said:

None other than Henrik Larrson…

Scott Brown in for a second interview today seemed to be the general rumour from tonight’s game. 

I'd heard the Larsson rumour last week, certainly that an application had been put in. That came from a friend who used to be an SPFL referee. I don't think it would have got much further, hasn't managed since 2019 and that ended after about a month. 

Scott Brown doesn’t really make any logical sense other than the fact that he’s from Fife (not sure if he still stays there) so may be closer to home for him however he’s been very well backed at Ayr. Not disputing the fact he’d also be well backed at Raith but would like to think we could match anything they can offer. 

6 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Given our track record it'll be Gary the cartoonist.

You'd be amazed (or not) at the number of people identified via voxpop etc: who openly admit  " Oh I only buy the paper for the cartoon!"

Says it all really.

For what it's worth, (probably not very much, but regardless) the only rumours I've heard from people with a reasonably successful rate when it comes to rumours having substance, were Henrik Larsson had applied and Scott Brown was in the frame. The person who mentioned Larsson also said someone they'd never heard of had been sounded out, and a few hours later the story about Diarmuid O'Carroll broke, so who knows! 

Surely if Henrik Larsson did apply then he's been interviewed, for no other reason than you could say "I've interviewed Henrik Larsson by the way." Those kind of opportunities don't come up very often. 

The Scott Brown suggestion only really makes sense if he's fed up travelling from Cramond to Ayr and back every day, so it's not impossible, but still feels a little improbable. 

Considering Gary Locke had to go in and fix the mess Liam Fox left at Cowdenbeath, and the shambles at Dundee United, it's fair to say I'd be pretty disappointed if he was appointed. 

That said, the night Gary "proper football man" Locke was announced as our manager was one of the funniest nights I've ever had on here, and I'd expect something similar if we went down the Fox route. 

Edited by McGuigan1978

The Scott Brown suggestion only really makes sense if he's fed up travelling from Cramond to Ayr and back every day, so it's not impossible, but still feels a little improbable

Surely Broonie is building his CV at Ayr. After not a great spell at Fleetwood and if he was to leave Ayr for Raith there would be zero confidence in him ever completing a project.

7 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

For what it's worth, (probably not very much, but regardless) the only rumours I've heard from people with a reasonably successful rate when it comes to rumours having substance, were Henrik Larsson had applied and Scott Brown was in the frame. The person who mentioned Larsson also said someone they'd never heard of had been sounded out, and a few hours later the story about Diarmuid O'Carroll broke, so who knows! 

Surely if Henrik Larsson did apply then he's been interviewed, for no other reason than you could say "I've interviewed Henrik Larsson by the way." Those kind of opportunities don't come up very often. 

The Scott Brown suggestion only really makes sense if he's fed up travelling from Cramond to Ayr and back every day, so it's not impossible, but still feels a little improbable. 

Considering Gary Locke had to go in and fix the mess Liam Fox left at Cowdenbeath, and the shambles at Dundee United, it's fair to say I'd be pretty disappointed if he was appointed. 

That said, the night Gary "proper football man" Locke was announced as our manager was one of the funniest nights I've ever had on here, and I'd expect something similar if we went down the Fox route. 

He was staying in Troon then moved to Ayr from what I knew tail end of last season, whether he's still here or not I am not sure.

If Brown hadn’t been backed this summer then I could see the thought behind it, at least from his POV. We’ve gave him pretty much everything he’s needed and are still looking to add to the squad. Couple that with the start to the season we’ve made and he’ll probably feel we’ve got just as good a chance (maybe better) as Raith do of getting promoted. 

However from Raiths POV it would still be a massive gamble. He hasn’t actually proved himself yet and we could just as easily fall off a cliff if we lose to Hamilton on Saturday. 

What I would say is if I was a Raith fan and I was reading most of the names linked, I think I’d probably have preferred Murray to still be in charge. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Brown hadn’t been backed this summer then I could see the thought behind it, at least from his POV. We’ve gave him pretty much everything he’s needed and are still looking to add to the squad. Couple that with the start to the season we’ve made and he’ll probably feel we’ve got just as good a chance (maybe better) as Raith do of getting promoted. 

However from Raiths POV it would still be a massive gamble. He hasn’t actually proved himself yet and we could just as easily fall off a cliff if we lose to Hamilton on Saturday. 

What I would say is if I was a Raith fan and I was reading most of the names linked, I think I’d probably have preferred Murray to still be in charge. 

Would agree with all three of these points.