Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Varna Rover said:

whilst my preference would be peter leven i wouldn't be surprised if potter and mickey are announced as interim team until a final decision is made

The way things are going, that could be at seasons end ffs

20 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You would think the smart move would to be, smile at Murray after the Airdrie game and tell him you'll have a meeting in a few days. 

Phone a few agents on the Monday and see who would be interested if the opportunity arises in the coming days should you sack Murray. 

Sack Murray and then approach clubs or individuals in an official manner. 

It looks like he's been raging at something, pulled the trigger and then jumped to the last step. 

Yeah nail on the head and would have been far more sensible.

You look at managers doing well in league 1 or 2 and they are happy being part time so you very quickly end up looking at B Team managers in the Lowland league ☠️

Are they any better than Kevin Thomson who won league 2 with lots of dosh ? Maybe, are they better than Ian Murray, no I would say.

At least with Potter and Mickey at the helm there is a bit of continuity, the playing system wont change, so I guess theres no great rush to appoint, just a bit of frustration and impatience from me and others on here 

33 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You would think the smart move would to be, smile at Murray after the Airdrie game and tell him you'll have a meeting in a few days. 

Phone a few agents on the Monday and see who would be interested if the opportunity arises in the coming days should you sack Murray. 

Sack Murray and then approach clubs or individuals in an official manner. 

It looks like he's been raging at something, pulled the trigger and then jumped to the last step. Brown is unrealistic, McCabe is more realistic but he seems the type to be expecting the Man United gig next. Thats about it from the Championship. 

On Saturday, they said the main candidate was in a job, That wouldn't rule out Courts, maybe he doesn't like Saudi or he wants to be his own man. 

Very much this. I don't know who the driving force was to punt  Murray? Was there a hastily arranged board meeting or does the power to hire and fire sit solely with Barrowman? 

Either way the longer this goes on the worse the decision and the handling of it looks. 

Funnily enough there appears to be a lack of viable options (that won't cost us) 2 weeks into the season. 

Just now, Jilted John said:

I see Barrowman has been tweeting fans back. Said he can’t guarantee an appointment this week and that these things take time. 

Understanable, but he's backed himself in to a corner by:

1. Sacking a manager after one game but assuring us its not a fall out or knee jerk reaction and that they have a preferred candidate (I naively assumed we'd have checked if said candidate wanted the job) 

2. Releasing an interview telling us days not weeks.

15 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Very much this. I don't know who the driving force was to punt  Murray? Was there a hastily arranged board meeting or does the power to hire and fire sit solely with Barrowman? 

Either way the longer this goes on the worse the decision and the handling of it looks. 

Funnily enough there appears to be a lack of viable options (that won't cost us) 2 weeks into the season. 

Question: If the manager is underperforming, and you intend to replace him, is it better to wait (possibly costing your team more losses) or launch said manager into the Firth and appoint an interim team while you seek a replacement?

Second question: Why are you presuming it will take less time to hire a manger right now than it usually does?

There are some serious delusions running around the fanbase right now. IM didn't seem to have any answers in the preseason or the Airdrie match. The mental gymnastics required on the part of those who believe we should have stuck with IM until we had the replacement lined-up are perplexing. The BoD seems to have decided we were headed for the rocks, they punted the Captain and ordered the First Mate to take control and turn the ship until they can get a new Captain onboard. Makes sense to me.

15 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The mental gymnastics required on the part of those who believe we should have stuck with IM until we had the replacement lined-up are perplexing. 

I would say if anything the mental gymnastics were from the fanbase trying to rationalise sacking a manager that got us to a playoff final after the best season in years.

I've said before this board have credit in the bank because of all the good decisions they've made. 

If they improve on Murray then they are vindicated. If they don't then its been a costly mistake.

Imagine John Sim was in sole charge and punted Murray in the same circumstances and 11 days later managers of B Teams in the lowland league had allegedly knocked us back. Can you imagine the backlash ?

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Question: If the manager is underperforming, and you intend to replace him, is it better to wait (possibly costing your team more losses) or launch said manager into the Firth and appoint an interim team while you seek a replacement?

Was the manager really underperforming or was it a team with injuries to key players that was underperforming 

Second question: Why are you presuming it will take less time to hire a manager right now than it usually does?

Because they had a list and stated a week ago there would be an announcement this week, cue it's now Thurs, and the latest tweet is......... it wont be this week now

It raised fans hopes that it would be a quick turnaround, which has now turned into frustration and impatience on our fans part, and along with the wild speculation of who it might be as the Coach it's all gotten out of hand

Second question: Why are you presuming it will take less time to hire a manger right now than it usually does?

There are some serious delusions running around the fanbase right now. IM didn't seem to have any answers in the preseason or the Airdrie match. The mental gymnastics required on the part of those who believe we should have stuck with IM until we had the replacement lined-up are perplexing. The BoD seems to have decided we were headed for the rocks, they punted the Captain and ordered the First Mate to take control and turn the ship until they can get a new Captain onboard. Makes sense to me.

If the manager is so drastically underperformed that the only solution is to terminate his employment. Why do you as an organisation wait until he's had an entire pre season including preliminary cup rounds and 1 league game to hastily sack him on a Sunday morning? 

It will likely take longer to hire a manger at this current time because most of the potential  candidates will be gainfully employed.

Meaning

1. They will be locked into contracts that need to be compensated as well as any other complexities. 

2. Some of them will look at this situation and think no thanks I'll see how this plays out. 

Ian Murray had shown year on year improvement. (granted he was well backed) Last season his target would have been playoffs which he achieved although securing 2nd place by 14 points has surely exceeded that. 

In terms of delusional fan base perhaps we overachieved and are still a working progress. 

Meanwhile the window is closing soon and we have nobody who can score regularly....

Meanwhile we have a game at a very in form Ayr Utd in a week, and we never look like scoring.

Finger needs pulled oot by the BOD.

We are entitled to worry and ask questions of what the hell is going on.  

25 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Meanwhile the window is closing soon and we have nobody who can score regularly....

Meanwhile we have a game at a very in form Ayr Utd in a week, and we never look like scoring.

Finger needs pulled oot by the BOD.

We are entitled to worry and ask questions of what the hell is going on.  

The transfer window is pretty much irrelevant to us. Unless we're paying fees for players we can still sign loanees or free agents then we'll be fine. 

So long as we don't end up with a total jobber like Fox I'm comfortable waiting. Too many people hear a timescale on Raith TV and very attached to it. 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

If the manager is so drastically underperformed that the only solution is to terminate his employment. Why do you as an organisation wait until he's had an entire pre season including preliminary cup rounds and 1 league game to hastily sack him on a Sunday morning? 

It will likely take longer to hire a manger at this current time because most of the potential  candidates will be gainfully employed.

Meaning

1. They will be locked into contracts that need to be compensated as well as any other complexities. 

2. Some of them will look at this situation and think no thanks I'll see how this plays out. 

Ian Murray had shown year on year improvement. (granted he was well backed) Last season his target would have been playoffs which he achieved although securing 2nd place by 14 points has surely exceeded that. 

In terms of delusional fan base perhaps we overachieved and are still a working progress. 

Raith Rovers had the second best squad in the league last season, and Ian Murray was given more backing than any Rovers manager this millennium.

There is a valid argument to say he could or even should have been given more time, but I'm personally not a fan of this notion that we drastically over achieved.

The board have been vocal that they want promotion.  If Ian Murray was the right man for that, we would probably already be there - as the way the league opened up for last season was better than we could have realistically hoped for.

John Potter and Colin Cameron have as "meh" a record as managers as you will find, yet they oversaw a fairly significant improvement in less than a week vs how what we had seen in recent weeks.  That's not really a glowing reflection on how Murray had us set for the season.

Edited by CALDERON

1 hour ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I would say if anything the mental gymnastics were from the fanbase trying to rationalise sacking a manager that got us to a playoff final after the best season in years.

I've said before this board have credit in the bank because of all the good decisions they've made. 

If they improve on Murray then they are vindicated. If they don't then its been a costly mistake.

Imagine John Sim was in sole charge and punted Murray in the same circumstances and 11 days later managers of B Teams in the lowland league had allegedly knocked us back. Can you imagine the backlash ?

A B team manager in the Lowland League has knocked us back?

Reach for the stars 🌟 

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Was the manager really underperforming or was it a team with injuries to key players that was underperforming 

This. Most managers in Scotland are no better than their recruitment and their luck with injuries. 

Stanton gets injured, Ross Millen falls out with the manager, issues with Central defenders.

It makes no sense to me to sack a manager after our best season in the Championship to date and then hum and haw about who to replace him with.

Edited by Scary Bear